PDA

View Full Version : exhaustion or anxiety?

victoria_s
24-02-11, 21:05
hi guys,

well all in a nutshell- anxiety from hell 3 years ago- managed to battle through it somehow! and i was fine (almost :winks:) for the last year or two, and even was planning to move to leeds with my partner (ive got a new job coming up, they are still finishing building work there so i still dont have a start date!), but anyhow, this last week especially ive been getting really ''funny'' turns again. spaced out feeling- detached from myself and on friday i got tipped over the edge. (me and my partner were supposed to go out for a meal then he got called to work, yes sounds pathethic but it totally cracked me, as it was the only thing id had to look forward for a while). weekend was a disaster- cryed and cryed, i should of gone down my pals but i couldnt be bothered to move i felt to crap and spaced and stressed. got to sunday night and was worse and decieded to go and stay at my parents house for the week. started 10mg cit on tuesday- i feel ever so slightly better tonight , im back at my own house.

the question being- do you think a bad couple of weeks is enough to warrant starting tablets??

also i have 100% been put off the idea of moving now, i think im going to ring them tomorrow and say i cant go. totally gutted this flipping anxiety has done this. i KNEW it would do it and spoil it for me. i 100% bloody knew it. looks like im destined to stay in this shitty emmerdale place for ever and ever:wacko:.

hope your all well

vicky

victoria_s
24-02-11, 21:11
ps my job is cack i really dont think that help at all. im always isolated from everyone else and im just starting at numbers everyday ALL DAY. but i cant just leave? what if i hate every job im in?? im going to get another sick note tomorrow hopefully, i really really not sure if i should be taking these really.

Mic
24-02-11, 21:11
Hi Vicky, firstly bad news you are having a relapse, just don't let anxiety stop you from going or else it will have won,class this as a small setback and keep going forward accept the way you feel go with it and it will pass if it thinks its not winning, you have been going through alot lately and that would make anyone feel apprehensive and maybe a bit spaced out too much on your mind!!!! You said yourself you feel slightly better, keep going forward good luck with all you ar doing and most of all PLEASE don't let anxiety win If the cit helps maybe very short term but pesonally i think its just a small setback and am sure you can be through this very quickly with the right forward going attitude.:hugs:

Mic
24-02-11, 21:14
p.s. keep in mind I will not let these feelings stop me from doing anything again and again also keep thinking its ok to feel like this and I will feel better very soon you will and you know you will.xx

bezzaboo
24-02-11, 21:14
Hi Vicky!!

I completely understand why your feeoling like this!! im exactly the same, if i have something to look forward to then i focus on it, then if the plan get changed my anxiety goes through the roof.

things may seem bad at the moment but remember with taking the meds you will start to feel better soon, dont make a decision about the job yet, you may regret it later x

Mic
24-02-11, 21:16
also thinking about it there is a thin line between exhaustion and the A word exhaustion can bring on symptoms of A so then the fear flight sets in try and stay calm and just keep going forwards. YOU CAN DO IT!!:)

itoldyouiwasill
24-02-11, 21:35
also thinking about it there is a thin line between exhaustion and the A word exhaustion can bring on symptoms of A so then the fear flight sets in try and stay calm and just keep going forwards. YOU CAN DO IT!!:)

Yep, totally agree.

Once anxiety becomes a physical condition this is generally due to a misfiring, overstimulated and exhausted nervous system. Years ago people would talk about having a 'nervous breakdown' purely in a mental sense in that they became unable to function mentally however more and more it is being seen that as people have to keep themselves together mentally then the body itself rebels with physical symnptoms.

Exhaustion and physical anxiety go hand in hand together.

victoria_s
25-02-11, 01:03
hi guys, thanks for the reply. im going to be ordering some books off amazon which might help, even though its 1am, i do feel a little bit better now. not sure if it is the cit starting to work or if ive just had a rubbish and stressful couple of weeks and im finally calming down. ive been in that bubble for the last few days, were im in a dream and theres like an electrical current buzzing through my head lol. i wont hold my breath though, i know these tablets can make you go up and down, as for the job , il give it a couple of weeks before i make a choice, my poor parents must be thinking ''oh my god she wont be up the road to pick up , she will be 70 bloody miles away now if she has a turn'' lolol. got to laugh at it or il cry .

victoria_s
25-02-11, 01:07
i cant really believe how horrible sunday was and the way i felt- i have been on the couch at my parents for 3 and half days , spaced out, racing thoughts, barely moved. I would NOT like to experience that again! thank you all for the encouragement, il see how i go and make no rash decisions as yet. x

victoria_s
25-02-11, 01:12
i might even stay put for a while longer where i am to get my socks pulled back up so to speak. im waffling and thinking too much again , its very late so goodnight all x