PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with me?

angelique
25-02-11, 05:48
Hello everyone. Not sure what is wrong with me again, but I got a sore throat about 8 days ago. The soreness went away the next day and then it developed into a head cold and now the last 4 days I have thick clear phlegm in my throat. I don't know if it's dripping down from the back of my nose (as in a post nasal drip) or p from my lungs as I am having trouble breathing. I'm taking Bisolvon to break down the mucus but it is not helping. I'm very scared that this could be from my lungs. I might add that I used to smoke but quit 3 months ago. I was expecting to feel better yet i feel worse.
Any idea's on what this is? I hope it's nothing serious?

kah
25-02-11, 08:19
It sounds to me like you have a cold. I've had one for 2 weeks now, a couple of times I've felt like it's getting better to then wake up the next morning feeling even worse!!! I think there are just some nasty bugs around at the moment that are taking their time to shift!!

I've had really thick green phlegm/snot for the past 9 days so I wouldn't worry to much about having clear phlegm, it's all part and parcel of having a cold. I've not had trouble breathing but my chest has felt very tight and sometimes painful. I would say give yourself a bit longer to get better and if you don't see an improvement pop to the GP and get him to listen to your chest, just to put your mind at rest.

Hope you feel better soon.

K xx

angelique
25-02-11, 11:51
Thanks Kah for your reply. I think what freaks me out the most is the breathlessness. I am so aware of it so the more I think about it the worse it gets. I am literally obsessed with thinking about it all the time and can't even distract myself :-( x