PDA

View Full Version : I googled =(

Mark801
25-02-11, 06:36
I'm sorry guys.

I know I'm not supposed to and I did cuz I read another post by someone and it freaked me out.

Bottom line is that I'm scared I have thyroid issues. I'm about 5'7, weight is between128-132lbs.

We all know my biggest fear is my heart as I sufferwith palps everyday and I'm generally exhausted no matter how much sleep I get. I googled and it said that untreated thyroid issues can cause heart issues in the long run.

I was tested for thyroid issues wehn i was in the hospital last year and will be tested again next week during doctosrs visit.
It said that people with hyperthyroid issues are always nervous/anxious and have heart palps, feeling weak and sweaty hands. This has been me all week but I thought it was anxiety since I drink loads of coffee.

Now I'm scared all my symptoms may be linked to Thyroid issues since I eat a lot and don't gain weight. I asked my doctor about that and she just told me that I'm always active so I burn my calories at a fast rate.

KK77
25-02-11, 20:11
Good Lord, Mark - I have made a note of your naughty Googling *sigh*.

You know that we can make our symptoms fit a whole host of nasty illnesses - that's why Googling is the kiss of death for anxiety sufferers. And anxiety symptoms do in fact mimic a lot of real, organic diseases, so I'm not surprised you found links to thyroid, heart and other issues.

Chances are it's down to your excessive coffee intake after all... Try cutting down and see if that helps.

Good luck.

uk23
25-02-11, 20:47
After a couple of cups of coffee the physical symtoms appear in me, I get tired (odd huh?), shakey, dizzy, etc etc.

The thing is that I never used to be like that even after 5 coffees before the anxiety kicked in. I have had tests and everythign has come back clear.