PDA

View Full Version : scared of these pains

anx mum
25-02-11, 14:55
Woke up this morning in agony again with my chest getting sharp stabbing pains been to doctors hes done a load of blood work also done di dimar test again incase of clotting really scared:weep:

KK77
25-02-11, 15:03
You not taking any pain meds Bev? Don't let the pains scare you. I overdid it at the gym yesterday and I started getting aching pains in my chest/arms but I know it's nothing serious.

anx mum
25-02-11, 15:20
You not taking any pain meds Bev? Don't let the pains scare you. I overdid it at the gym yesterday and I started getting aching pains in my chest/arms but I know it's nothing serious.

On cocodimol and diclefenic gel and docs just put me on pregabalin.

sammi
25-02-11, 15:39
You have had all tests hun and you have had a diagnosis so don't be scared of the pains because you know what's causing them and its nothing life threatning, I don't know much about what you was diagnosed with so don't know what kind of chest pain your experiencing but when I had chest pains they scared the life out of me so I know its hard but you have to accept its nothing serious (I wish I could of taken my own advice back when I was like this lol)
:hugs:

kah
25-02-11, 15:54
Hi,

Sorry you are still suffering Bev. As I've said to you before costochondritis is VERY painful and I can undertand you feeling very anxious but keep telling yourself, 'it's nothing serious, it's nothing serious'. I know it's easier said than done but there's nothing more your GP can do if he's done all the tests, bloods etc. Take reassurance from the fact that all tests have been clear and if there was anything wrong something would have been picked up with the amount of tests you've had done.

Hope you feel better soon
K xx

amandaj
25-02-11, 16:02
i know how you feel bev, my legs are playing up badly atm and of course im gonna think clots having had them already, but i have to force myself to do things to distract myself ,ive just been to tesco with funny legs but i did it, try to be positive youll feel much better xx

anx mum
25-02-11, 16:03
Hi,

Sorry you are still suffering Bev. As I've said to you before costochondritis is VERY painful and I can undertand you feeling very anxious but keep telling yourself, 'it's nothing serious, it's nothing serious'. I know it's easier said than done but there's nothing more your GP can do if he's done all the tests, bloods etc. Take reassurance from the fact that all tests have been clear and if there was anything wrong something would have been picked up with the amount of tests you've had done.

Hope you feel better soon
K xx

Was in agony this am hun thought i was having a heart attack what pain relief did your mum in law take again? How r u today?

kah
25-02-11, 16:52
Was in agony this am hun thought i was having a heart attack what pain relief did your mum in law take again? How r u today?

Hi,

I think it's the same medication as you are on, diclofenic? She also takes paracetemol too. I'm ok thanks hun, been busy so not too much time to stop & think!!

K xx

KK77
25-02-11, 17:08
On cocodimol and diclefenic gel and docs just put me on pregabalin.

You were on pregabalin before and I remember you getting chest pains then, so it could be a side effect making things worse.

Give it a chance though - it's a good med for pain and anxiety but you might need to increase dose so make sure you discuss this with your doc.