PDA

View Full Version : experience or advice please....:(

change
25-02-11, 15:35
hello i started flouxetine 20mg and was on it for jus over 3weeks bt i was having the most uncontroleable panic attaks and freaky thoughts,...paranoia...etc anyway after not being able to controle them after working to get to a stage where i could i feel soo disheartnd by this...so i came off the meds jus over 2weeks ago and i still dnt feel right i feel my panics are worse than b4 i went on the meds my anxiety is high all day n i dont want to go out im too scared im right back to before all my hardwork before the meds.....i feel more depressed and im still gettin the intrusive thoughts although not as bad i feel i just want to cry all day i cant carry on like this....i guess my question is would the meds still be in my system or am i permanently damaged now i dunno it seems daft bt brain damaged from them i jus do not feel right at all diffrnt from how ive ever felt n i dnt think i can carry on like this if its permanent :( any input or personal experience would be great thank you xxxxx

harasgenster
25-02-11, 16:08
Hi
It's sounds like they weren't the right pills for you and the side effects knocked you quite a bit.

Don't worry, I don't think it's still the pills that are doing this or that they have caused any damage. I think what's happened is that you've got worked up while on the pills and this is making you anxious now. You may also be anxious about the fact you're anxious and you can do fewer things!

You're still the same person you were before the pills and you can still do the same things. The pill hasn't changed anything. You've just got to try and believe that (easy to say!) and get back on the wagon :)

change
25-02-11, 16:11
thank you that positve post im goin to try and keep in mind thank you xx

rooby
25-02-11, 20:01
I lasted just under 2 wks on these tablets and apparently they have a long half life which means they do stay in your system for a couple wks after, and I have experienced much more panic/anxiety since finishing them. Don't be afraid to try something else though, I am back on the escitalopram for 3rd time they are much better for anxiety. all the best

change
25-02-11, 21:39
thank you rooby....its sort of a catch 22...because im so fed up being this way and struggling alone i though why not take the meds!you know..why struggle...but since the bad reaction im kinda really scared if it happens again so i feel all out of options :S i think i'll go to my doctor and be bluntly honest because i find when i go into see her i play my problems down and dont admit to the severity of them but i don't supose not telling her helps :S...but thank you for you're time and advice xx

rooby
25-02-11, 22:13
not all meds are the same and prozac is known to be more stimulating and anxiety provoking than some of the others. Don't be afraid to try another one and also it might be better to be open with the doc as I know from experience that if you try to manage the anxiety yourself it can take over. My doc gave me some xanax to take along with the escitalopram to take the edge off the initial anxiety. I was even scared to take these for fear of becoming addicted!
Hope you find some relief x