PDA

View Full Version : I'm so startled! Return of chronic anxiety.

WILLIAMthedude
25-02-11, 20:47
I'm currently staying with my girlfriend in a hotel. Life goes back to its normal drag come Monday. Only problem is I have gained a new heavy bag to drag along. Anxiety. I was doing so well until recently. You can probably see in the tone of this message so far the glass is not looking half full.

I went to the hospital with pains in my side and after a series of tests and two nights observation I was given the all clear. No appendix issues. I was happy but I was shaken up. This was two weeks ago. Since then my anxiety has come back with a passion. Noise is my worst enemy. I was so easily startled. Went to the cinema with my girlfriend today and had to walk out.

I have been panicking at least once a week since then to varying degrees and now I am all full of chest concerns. Which I have had investigated from previous anxiety and was found to have the heart of an ox.

I mean, I'm 22 years old, student, got a lovely girl but I feel like am actually going to go insane now. This is as dark as times have been for me. I feel like am losing the fight. I'm maybe being too dramatic but things are getting so hard for me. I feel like shutting myself off from the world that is causing my exhausting and scary symptoms.

I'm looking for a shoulder to lean on and some support from anyone who reads this. Motivate me if you can. I'd appreciate it.

All the best,

William

miggymoggy
25-02-11, 20:52
Hi William
I know exactly what you're going through. Your nerves are literally on edge, so everything startles you. My hypnotherapist said when we are very anxious our body goes into a "fight or flight" state and is acutely aware of everything, which is why this happens.
I too suffer from Health Anxiety. I read a particular book called "The Secret" and this helps. In fact I'm just going to watch the DVD of it now. It's basically about positive thinking.
If you go onto youtube and type in The Secret, you can watch the first 30 minutes free of charge.
Also try rescue remedy.
I have hypnotherapy which helps, although at the moment I'm in a panic myself!
Hope that helps!
You're amongst friends here and people who understand x

Greenman50
26-02-11, 00:13
Is this the one miggymoggy ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8

I bought a book called " the power of now" which i,ve read only a little of and it looks good up to now .
At the end of the day anything is worth looking into i think , its no different than buying a new pair of trainers a cookery book or a big mac , its something different but if it helps us feel better like the new cookery book or big mac its worth a punt ! :yesyes:

jaynemarie
26-02-11, 15:59
I know how you feel mate, going through it myself at the mo. Take care hopefully tomorrow a better day xxx

WILLIAMthedude
26-02-11, 17:39
Thank you for your kind words. I was feeling all positive today but then at a restaurant the waitress smashed our plates when taking them away. I was so shocked by it but remained a little composed...although I was well shaken up inside. Just chilling out for the rest of the day. It was something of a set back but will take it easier tomorrow as I return home from the city and try to get back into the old routine. Siiiighhhh.

All the best