PDA

View Full Version : Hello

sparky68
26-02-11, 09:14
Hello everyone, My name is Mark

Brief history, my wife has been on seroxat for 18yrs now after post natal depression, weve had some very traumatic times over this time but thankfully its now on the up for her, shes doing very well now finally, she says she feels a light has been turned on in her life, how or why this has happened we dont know but are so happy it has.

Anyway my story :huh: last week at work i broke down with uncontrollable crying and feeling i wanted to run....
i dont want to go to work or mix with anyone i just sit indoors getting nothing done then at the end of the day feeling crap because ive wasted the day :lac:
im due back to work next Tuesday but not looking forward to it at all, ive a very stressful job and im sure with that and my newly turned 15yr old Daughter it has all got to me, ive lost all sense of wellbeing, im short tempered and sulky most of the time (this has been a problem for a while now) pretty much all last yr i was coming home from work and drinking a bottle of wine before i even sat down :blush:
went to doc's and im now on citalopram 20mg, first few days was very weird thought i was going mad my head was spinning with horrible thoughts of madness but thankfully it has settled down now but im not feeling any better still very low and not enthusiastic about anything in my life at all, been on the pills for 7 days now.

thanks for listening/reading

Mark

diane07
26-02-11, 09:16
Hi sparky68

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

suzy-sue
26-02-11, 19:03
Hi and :welcome:TO NMP sparky .You will have to give the Citalopram 4-6 weeks to feel the full benefit .There is a Medication Forum lower down the page and a subforum for Citalopram .Read the Citalopram guide written by Psycho poet .It has plenty of information .A lot of our members are on Cit so you arent alone .Glad you found us .Take care and good luck with your recovery . Sue x

Vanilla Sky
26-02-11, 20:09
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

sparky68
26-02-11, 20:58
Thank you :)
Plenty of reading there :ohmy: very interesting and reassuring tho, im totally crazy after all.

Kind Regards
Mark