PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on pregabalin?

anx mum
26-02-11, 11:06
Any advise n pregablin on 100mg 3 times a day

suzy-sue
26-02-11, 12:58
Were you not taking this before Bev ? or is it a different dose you are concerned about .Did it help you last time ? sue x

anx mum
26-02-11, 13:20
Were you not taking this before Bev ? or is it a different dose you are concerned about .Did it help you last time ? sue x

Yeah was on it few years ago cant remember tho if it helped

nomorepanic
26-02-11, 13:35
I thought you were on it for the headaches - that wasn't a few years ago though

anx mum
26-02-11, 13:36
I thought you were on it for the headaches - that wasn't a few years ago though

Cant remember to be honest

KK77
26-02-11, 15:12
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63266

JT69
27-02-11, 13:24
Hi Anxmum,

I take 100mg twice daily and it has helped me enourmously with my general anxiety.

Jo.xx

SuziDusk
15-03-11, 13:41
Hi, I am 150mg 3 times a day and it is doing OK for me, but as I suffer from agoraphobia as well as GAD I will be getting the dose put up as I still panic a lot. Its totally cured my migraines, in fact when I was on 300mg a day it stopped them, but the panic attacks just still seem to be coming thru, OK, maybe not as strongly but still bad enough to make my agoraphobia kick in if I have an appointment or to go to somewhere I havent been to before, so I think once the dosage is right I will be OK. I think the maximum dosage is 600mg daily, and maybe I need to go that high, I dont know I am seeing my keyworker on Thursday so hopefully it will be sorted then.
I think it depends on how bad your anxiety is maybe and/or your your tolerance to the medication. Like all meds, its just a case of getting the dosage right and working with your Dr. I dont like being on such a high dosage indeed I dont like being on the medication at all, but until I can get into the CBT and see the occupational therapist its a necessary thing or I would never be able to do anything.
I hope you get yourself sorted

Suzi xx

Miss Kitty
15-03-11, 13:46
I was prescribed Pregabalin when the panic attacks returned after a 19 year hiatus. I can't take beta blockers because I'm asthmatic. I've found them to be enormously helpful although only when I take a higher dose than my doctor prescribed (75mg twice a day) I find I need to take 150mg to have any effect.