PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobic panic attack!!!

HelenLouise
26-02-11, 17:27
Hey I'm on the train to my boyfriends and the train hasn't even started moving yet but I'm having a panic attack incase I'm sick infront of all these people!
It's not usually this busy so I'm usually ok!
I feel so trapped and like I can't breathe right!

I can't do this anymore.
Xxx

Katie6
26-02-11, 17:34
I can remember feeling that on trains, when i was pregnant with my 1st child, i had to travel to and from work by train every day, i always used to make sure i had a distraction ie magazine, a game on my phone anything that would take my mind off it, also i know train toilets are not that pleasant but i would always try to sit near as poss to a loo, so if i felt like i needed to escape from the crowd i could just go straight into the loo x

Kells81
26-02-11, 17:34
Hey

If you calm yourself down then you will be fine.

Try doing something to distract yourself. Have you got some music to listen to? xxx

Katie6
26-02-11, 17:35
Just try to distract yourself and you will be fine, you can breath its just another dreaded anxiety sensation xxx

Kells81
26-02-11, 18:09
Are you ok? Did you stay on the train? xx

HelenLouise
28-02-11, 22:12
Hi everyone, thank you all for your replies!

Sorry i didn't respond sooner - I lost internet reception on my phone for the whole weekend while I was at my boyfs.

I stayed on the train but was on edge the whole time. It's such a horrible feeling! I just wanted to escape and get off but i knew that would be a stupid idea!

I am determined to do a train journey without having a panic attack! It's just so overwhelming when there is so many people :( xx

Kells81
28-02-11, 22:17
You stayed on the train and that is the main thing-well done!!
:yesyes: