PDA

View Full Version : cant even use a pc anymore without feeling like im being stalked and getting anxious?

Em.ma
26-02-11, 20:00
chrome://searchshield/content/block-doc.gifDanger: Surf-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection.
The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

URL: marillador.cz.cc/in.php?a=QQkFBg0MAwAFAgYAEkcJBQYNDAMAAQEDBw==
Name: Blackhole Exploit Kit (type 1381)

this message just popped up from avg :(
im on this website, ebuddy, fanfiction.net and justjared.com :( :doh: now im scared some pervert has got all my details

aquarian
26-02-11, 20:19
I hate it too when messages like that pop up on a PC! Computers are an ongoing source of anxiety for me, even though I have a fairly strong technical background.

In this case, though, the message is reassuring you that you haven't just visited a dodgy web site -- rather, Surf-Shield has intervened to prevent this.

What's less clear is how your web browser was directed to this page, given that you only visit the sites that you mentioned. Did you perhaps click on a link on one of those sites?

I hope that's some reassurance at least.

-- aquarian

Marc2011
26-02-11, 20:20
Hi your not the only 1 its happened to http://community.ebay.co.uk/topic/General-Technical-Issues/Avg-Alert-Ebay/1900036572?&

Greenman50
26-02-11, 21:11
Emma ...do you actually use avg as your anti spyware ??

If it pops up again i,d be warry about clicking on any links just incase it down loads a virus , i,ve fell for this in the past .

Em.ma
26-02-11, 21:29
thanks. im a mess at the moment lol. just hate this whole flipping problem :(

Em.ma
26-02-11, 21:46
i do use avg free as my anti-spyware mel. ever since my laptop got mended the norton wont work

Greenman50
26-02-11, 22:17
I use avg aswell :yesyes:

I also use malwarebytes , which has picked up things avg hasn,t , i can post the link up if you want to try it :D

Em.ma
26-02-11, 23:24
Thanks :D i would like to try that. is it just another anti virus because i thought running two on the same pc was bad?

tn13
27-02-11, 02:07
Hey Emma, your worries here sound so familiar to me - I went through a period when I was younger where I was paranoid about computer security and someone getting my information through spyware. There were a few months where I wouldn't go online unless I absolutely had to for school or something! If your AVG has told you that it's protected you from something that means that you don't have to worry about it. Sometimes sites have ads that register as bad on some anti-viruses, that could be what it picked up. I know first hand that it's easier said than done but it's actually a good thing that that message came up, it means the AVG is doing its job and protecting you from the bad stuff. :flowers: