PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody else feel like this?

panicpixie
26-02-11, 21:29
Seeing as we are all in the same boat, I thought I'd ask.
Just to see if Its "normal".

When I have weeks when I'm SO down and SO depressed beyond anything I could EVER imagen, I can't help but think of Suicide.
I know Its silly to think that, and People ALLWAYS say things like "your selfish for thinking about it!" Or "Nothing is ever that bad!"

But Living a life that makes you feel like you could just die at any moment when you find a lump or a bump or even a rash, It wares VERY thin, and makes you feel horrible all the time. I feel like why should I keep living in constant fear when I could just end it all anyway!

This Week i've just had, Has been one of the worst weeks of my life! I have had constant panic attacks everyday, and I haven't been able to eat or sleep very well. And I've never been this bad, ever!

At one point I was seriously thinking about suicide and even prepared for it.

I just wanted to know is anyone else has felt this bad befor, And if so, was there anything that made you feel better?

Thanks x

Chriswebster
26-02-11, 23:15
I think it is very common. Anxiety and depression go hand in hand. Depression and suicidal thoughts are buddies too.

But remember it does pass. You will beat it. This is why I keep going on about being positive.

I have had these feelings myself. When I got to 35 i got a referral for some cbt because I really could not face another 35 years like I was. I still have my moments and some are very unpleasant, but I have moved on in the last 4 years. Got to know myself better. Learnt to even accept myself at times!

So much to live for, hang in there and keep in touch with your new chums here. You'll get through it.
Chris
:)

Captain Caveman
27-02-11, 02:27
Hey pp. Yeah I also used to be real depressed. I remember catching myself laughing once and got emotional about it coz I realised I hadn't laughed in 12 months. Chriswebster made some good points. I too got to the stage where I couldn't go on living like I was. So I stepped things up and busted my gut. A little bit at a time you can start to pick up and then once again life can be enjoyed. It's a 2 steps forward 1 step back deal. Don't expect a straight line recovery. You can come out of it all a changed and better off person. Sometimes people have to lose themselves to find themselves.

was there anything that made you feel better?
Thanks x

Shifting from a self-centred life to one of helping others. Helping others feels great. It can become addictive helping others such is the enjoyment. You get the gift of perspective when you help those going through hardship.

I found exercise helps too. But I don't think you need to go overboard and become an ironwoman or anything. Same with your diet. Eat sensibly, but don't get stressed about every ingredient.

The book "Feeling Good" by David Burns seems to be a popular choice to help overcome feeling depressed http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feeling-Good-New-Mood-Therapy/dp/0380810336

So keep chipping away pp, and you will be super glad you did:)

Captain Caveman
27-02-11, 02:56
The book "Feeling Good" by David Burns seems to be a popular choice to help overcome feeling depressed http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feeling-Good-New-Mood-Therapy/dp/0380810336

I should point out though that if you're feeling depressed due to your health anxiety, then tackling your heath anxiety would be the way to go. I was struggling with obsessive compulsive behaviour and so as I sorted out that, I became less depressed. There is traditional CBT which was designed for depressed individuals, then there is CBT that is altered/tailored for obsessive compulsive behaviour. Being taught traditional CBT for obsessive compuslive behaviour would have made things worse. I am not sure what the above book teaches. So I'd say it's important to sort out what your primary issue is.

costas
06-03-11, 03:43
yo pp. been there felt it a million times over, cried many times too wanting it to stop, its all part of the rough ride were on, and yea its not fair its u and i suffering and why is ur neighbour not suffering the same thing, well thats gods way and sumwhere hidden in this illness theres a message to change sumwhere, oh and ur neighbours they have there own hidden secrets that u dont know about remember that, ul get thru the storm just keep at it it does pass, good luck