PDA

View Full Version : ready to take my first trazodone

charmer
26-02-11, 23:42
hi folks i have been to collect my trazodone today and it's getting to the time when i've got to take it. i've taken various meds for depression before including amitriptyline which is good at putting people to sleep. i know trazodone has a similar effect but im worried about taking it. i think it is a combination of a fear of some of the things i've read online about trazodone and a fear of never waking up. im also worried that it might give me horrible dreams or nightmares. can anyone tell me what to expect when im asleep after taking this stuff?.

rooby
28-02-11, 12:01
You will sleep like a baby! I never had bad nightmares or vivid dreams on it at all, it just was a real heavy sleep. I was worried I wouldn't wake up if I needed the loo but I always managed to wake and went back to sleep straight away. Waking up in the morning can be hard at first, set your alarm to snooze a good few times before you need to get up.
Traz has very few side effects I found (no sexual probs at all) hope it works for you let us know how you go

charmer
01-03-11, 13:09
well after finally deciding i had nothing to lose i took the traz. i took it after having something to eat so i didn't get dizzy and wow!! it does make you sleep!. i probably had the best nights sleep in years. the quality of sleep was far better than the alcohol induced sleep i have been having. i've been taking it for the last 3 nights and can't believe what few side effects i have had. it has been difficult to motivate myself to get out of bed so i don't think i would want to go any higher than 50mg. anymore than 50mg and i might want to stay in bed all day. looking back i can't believe i was such a wuss about taking it.:D

rooby
02-03-11, 23:21
Don't be daft, thats the whole point of taking these meds its because we are such worriers and panic'ers. we think they are going to have some drastic deadly side effect that no one else has ever had!!
Really pleased that you had the "baby" sleep that I had on this med. Don't worry you will be able to increase the dose over time as your body does adjust.
Hope you benefit fully from the med.
happy sleeps!!
roobs x

kblair
12-09-11, 11:34
this is reassuring as I am about to be prescribed this

karenp
15-08-12, 12:05
I've just been prescribed it too so phew as I am so sensitive to ad's and am suffering with terrible insomnia, night panic and day time anxiety so I don't want this drug making it worse. I've been on Mirtazapine for 5 months and it's not worked at all for me so praying this one will ):

gem7
15-08-12, 16:23
i.m on 100mg on trazdone they just make u really tired i think i might up my dose as they dont seem to be working but i take them anyway hopeing they will dont worry take them there fine :hugs:

karenp
17-08-12, 09:59
I was awake at 3am last night so had to take a zopiclone as was starting to feel quite paniky. I'm still on 30mg of Mirtazapine at night too, weaning off a tablet a week now which I believe have made me miles more hyper than before I ever took them. No way are they gonna keep on prescribing me Zopiclone and Diazepam so I am really hoping once I am totally off the mirtazapine I can just be on the Trazodone and stay calmer (during the rest of my horrible divorce.)
Day one I thought I was gonna end up in A&E I felt so spaced out and wierd when I woke up and I felt ok once I got up and wentinto town with my Sister and her 2 kids who were all being naughty (not my Sister ofcourse, ha ah! The kids which includes my little monkey who is 9) and I felt so panky all I could think about was getting on the bus back home.
Today I feel miles better and don't even have the blocked up nose S/E as yet so not afraid of Trazodone anymore as long as it doesn't increase anxiety but I've not read anywhere that it can. I may have to up the doe hey if it doesn't help but won't really know for certain how it's working till I get the mirtazapine out of my system.
Thanks for your reply darl (: