PDA

View Full Version : doctors for me Mon again I think..

carlos2011
27-02-11, 00:14
Just got in from a night out and I didn't enjoy it one bit. Really busy in town, felt really anxious all night like the walls were closing in. I wish this light headed feeling would just go. I only went to the docs Thursday and they said this throbbing/creeping sensation in my left temple and light headed was anxiety. I read today about a footballer getting a tumor from an ear infection and dieing 5 years later..he was in his 30's too. I'm so paranoid I have the same thing..I wish I could get sent for a scan. I'm really worried I have something that's causing this feeling. 3 weeks now on and off light headed feeling..horrible :unsure:

nomorepanic
27-02-11, 00:29
I agree with the doc that it is anxiety to be honest.

If you got sent for a scan it would only reassure you for a short time then you would find something else to worry about.

What self-help are you doing and have you asked your GP for CBT?

stu398
27-02-11, 00:31
I noticed this too!!! It kind of freaked me out a wee bit too.
Don't worry too much about it, what happened to him was terribly rare, and the feelings you're getting are textbook anxiety.
I still every now and again go through spells of light headedness, being quite forgetful, headaches, muscle twitching etc etc...I do get concerned, but then I've been diagnosed with anxiety, so I just try and believe my doc.
Anyway, you'll be okay mate :) I had a night that sounds just like yours about two months ago at a comedy club in Glasgow, started off a really nice night, and by the end I was a mess and couldn't wait to be home...a couple of weeks later, I felt right as rain! It's quite a roller coaster this anxiety malarky!

Stu

JaneC
27-02-11, 00:36
Slow down Carlos - you can't get a brain tumour from an ear infection. Dean Richards was initially diagnosed with an ear infection (don't know if that was correct) but tests at the time showed he did not have a tumour. As I understand it, your symptoms don't suggest a tumour. If you have decided you want to see the doc, then probably no-one's going to dissuade you but I doubt the doc's going to have anything different to say. If they do say again that the problem is anxiety, ask them what advice/treatment they can give for that x

carlos2011
27-02-11, 00:38
Hey Nicola.

You are probably right to be honest. I must admit, I hadn't even heard of CBT before, I've just looked it up and it sounds interesting. All the doc offered was counseling, which is sounding more tempting each day.

It's funny when I go to the docs, he pulls up 'that big list' on his computer from my previous visits. The problem is, my local practice has several doctors, and I'm having to explain myself over and over again..*sigh*, I know they think I'm nuts :wacko:

This site is really helping though, as there have been loads of people in my searches that have exactly the same symptoms. I just wish this throbbing would go, that has only come on recently..I must be patient I guess! Hard but I shall try..

Anyway, thank you :)

carlos2011
27-02-11, 00:50
Thanks Stu, scary how many similar symptoms we've had/got. Kinda cheered me up though, also making me realise and slowly accept that this is all purely anxiety..I guess the sooner I accept it, the sooner things will go easier in the long run!

Cheers Jane, maybe I should wait a while longer..I just can't remember how long the doc said to leave it before I should go back..I think only if the symptoms got worse. Tomorrow is another day, anything could change for the better I guess..I might start keeping some kind of diary of how I am each day, might help.