PDA

View Full Version : no relief from heartburn

daisycake
27-02-11, 01:34
I need some relief but cannot get it, no matter how much gaviscon i glug I'm not getting anywhere its hell. Keep bringing up air, thn swallowing more :-(

Phill2
27-02-11, 04:08
I got some Ranitide tabs from the doc.Did wonders.

honeyp1e
27-02-11, 08:56
i take gavison ADVANCE which does work but for a short whole i also went to my doc as i have been having this for a long while now he gave me some meds called Omeprazole 20mg they do the same job as gavison as in to stop acid etc.... but these cause a foam lining which will sit in your stomach alot longer than gavison, maybe you could speak to your doctor about them xx

joans60
27-02-11, 09:59
Hi Daisy
I have read your post I also suffer with Acid reflux and heartburn
I am taking a medicine called kalanticon gell it is also for IBS as well and I find that it helps with the acid you can buy it over the counter from the chemist as well. wishihng you luck and hope that you can sort it out.
When you have problems with your stomach does it also affect your head as well only when I am anxious and also my stomach is having one of its goes on it my head feels everso light but if I take my blood prerssure it only read about 130/78 and pulse 67.
Would love to here from anyone who has the same problems.

Joanx

Horse
27-02-11, 10:24
If all else fails, Charcoal Tablets from the Chemist!

miss_moose
27-02-11, 11:26
I've just come on here because i'm getting really bad heartburn too, i've been getting it everyday for months, especially at night.
I've got an Asdas own brand, i think it's just called Heartburn and Indegestion relief, it did the trick but this morning it just wouldnt work.
My other half has Rennies Chewy sweets that he swears by.

I've been too frightend to speak to a doctor about this as im agoraphobic and have visions of them sending me to hospital.
Has this happened when you guys have gone to the doctor or are there other routes they try first before hospital?

It's just because its been going on for so long and it's really awful pain that makes me think they'll send me there.

xx

Greenman50
27-02-11, 11:59
asda own brand i presume is 75 mg ranitidine ? , taken twice a day ?

Prescription ranitidine is 150 mg , taken twice a day , so in theory you can double up .
The doc won,t send you to hospital on your first visit , he will give you the stronger meds you needs , theres also other ones available

Em.ma
27-02-11, 12:36
my doc gave me this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001DZXFDA/ref=asc_df_B001DZXFDA2146312?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=dealtimecouk-hpc-delta-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B001DZXFDA because my indgestion is not severe and it works for me :D

SW
27-02-11, 12:37
try drinking some milk,i find that helps :)

Phill2
28-02-11, 05:27
The Ranitide I take is 300mg taken in the morning

blue moon
28-02-11, 05:49
Is that like Nexium Phill?

Phill2
28-02-11, 05:53
No idea sorry Mona