PDA

View Full Version : Agitated

Zev
27-02-11, 01:44
Hi, i've bin taking citalopram for about 3 weeks and i haven't had any major side effects but i'm tired all the time, get headaches, the worst is i seem to be getting angry alot more and feeling even worse than i did before taking them, is this kinda thing normal?
I know this has probably been asked 100 times before but it's getting on my nerves big time.

OxfordDan
27-02-11, 09:04
Hi Zev,

Im also on week 3 of cit. I started on 20mg but unlike you I had a rough first week with side effects but they calmed down after a few days.
I also had the odd headache, an upset stomach and really really struggle to get out of bed in the morning. Apart from that things seem to be back to "normal".
As you have probably read over and over on here that it takes up to 6 weeks for the meds to work - roll on week 6!!! lol

jenbo50
27-02-11, 09:28
Thanks for posting....:-)

I am on day 11 of 20mg and feel worse than when I started. Tired, short tempered, bad belly and anxiety is horrid. Really hope the meds work soon. I know loads of people on them who say they are great so we just need to be patient i reckon. Chin up and keep in touch xxxxx

Zev
27-02-11, 18:26
Well heres hoping because at the minute they just make me feel like a Zombie that needs anger managment, which would make for a funny pixar movie, but not so good for me.

jenbo50
27-02-11, 18:27
What dosage are you on Zev?

Zev
27-02-11, 21:46
What dosage are you on Zev?

Just 20mg at the minute, for the first 4 days i only had 10mg, testing the waters.

Greenman50
27-02-11, 22:21
I felt terrible(worse) for the first 14 or so days and then started feeling slowly better . Its a slow improvement , no magic bullet its probably just takeing a little longer for you than me as everyone is different

Hope this helps

jenbo50
01-03-11, 08:24
I went on 10mg too but for 3 weeks before moving up to 20mg. I had no side effects on 10mg at all but it also made no difference to m anxiety so I went up to 20mg.

It was going up to 20mg that made me feel rotten.

So you've only really been on a theraputic dose for about 2 weeks then? As far as everyone tells me, including the GP, it takes 4-6 weeks to show positive effects so I am positive we will be ok in a few weeks. :-)

How are you now Any improvement?

xxx

Zev
01-03-11, 18:36
Not really, still feel rough, had a epic headache today, hope all this passes soon, thanks for askin though, good to luck to ya.

jenbo50
01-03-11, 21:24
Are you taking anything for the headaches? I must say when I went on 10mg I had really bad neck and shoulder pain (forgot about that lol) - i think it was from tensing up? I was taking lots of paracetamol and it went by the end of the 3rd week.....how about asking GP for something for the head pain?? x

Zev
02-03-11, 00:53
Well i'm not really sure what i can take along with Cita so i haven't been taking anything, i will ask my doc when i go though about it.