PDA

View Full Version : please help

attwood
27-02-11, 11:07
i have been on effexor for around 7 wks now, i was originally on cipralex and it must of just stopped working after 7 yrs so the doctor told me to stop taking them and immediatly start the effexor. i was petrified at the time, just stopping one drug and starting another straight away but after around 1 wk i felt like my old self was coming back. that was till last week i missed a dose and gradually im starting to feel awful again, i keep having suicidal thoughts that are making the anxiety worse and feel like crying. went to see my doctor and he seems to think its a combination of my mind doing overtime because i missed a dose and the fact that the cipralex would of taken around six weeks to clear from my body, so it may be withdrawel symptons too.
ive just started counselling and a anxiety management programme, im supposed to be getting better but its not for the lack of trying its just today i just wanna give up, i look at my kids and the guilt makes me even worse. just so disappointed in myself its untrue..i know what i need to do but feel like ive got to start all over again, i try to push to the back of my mind that im failing or the drugs are failing..and sometimes i feel really positive, like ok ive had a setback but your not go win !!! i know i shouldnt rely on the drugs alone and a lot of my recovery will be self help..just need to stop my mind racing with all these irrational thoughts that are holding me back..my councellor although ive only had 1 session said i come across a very positive person and touched upon a lot of little links i had spoke about, that has placed me in this mad world at the moment. i guess the main problem is i was getting better and now im not.. wish i had all the answers.. maybe some of you could give me some or offer me some support. this is the most ive posted on here ever..please help i,m desperate xxx:scared15:

Captain Caveman
28-02-11, 10:43
Hi there. Don't be dissapointed in yourself. Love yourself unconditionally (unconditional self-acceptance). Also you only fail when you don't try. And also setbacks - whilst difficult to deal with at the time- are actually a good thing in that they propel you to the next level. Without setbacks you just carry along at the less than adequate level. Keep at it :)