PDA

View Full Version : starting mirtazapine

DebbieDoo
27-02-11, 13:21
im very scared the moment, eyes hurt its like something is eating away at me its nasty stuff!! Im hoping this will take it away well partially anyway how have people found it please???:blush:

JT69
27-02-11, 13:57
Hi

I have been taking mirtazipine for just over 12 months now...currently on 15mg have been up to 30mg over the past year.

It has helped me into a much better place. Side effects on first taking were for me, drowsiness into the next day but this passed after around a week on the meds.

I also gained alot of weight so be careful around you intake of food...I have managed to lose a stone though this year!!!

Hope it goes well for you...others take that on here so you should get some more responses.

Jo.xx

lynn1960
27-02-11, 15:37
i have been on theeses meds for a year with no problems going from 15 to 30 and now back to 15 good luck

ElizabethJane
27-02-11, 16:23
Hi Debbie I am currently taking mirtazapine 45mg and have been on mirtazapine for about two years. It will not begin to work for at least four to six weeks and is one of the slower anti depressants to take effect. Even on a low dose 15mg you will begin to have some side effects such as drowsiness which might continue during the day, feeling hungrier than usual and depersonalisation. Your mood should begin to pick up and your sleep improve. I had the same feelings as you that I was rotting inside. This is a symptom of deep depression. I'm not sure whether hurting eyes is a symptom of depression. I know that when I was ill my whole body ached including my eyes. My eyes were also sore from a lot of crying. That is in the past now. I hope that you begin to feel better soon. EJ.

smb25
28-02-11, 20:47
Mirtazapine didn't really work for me i'm afraid. I was on it for around 8 months. It helped with sleep, that side of it was great but It didn't really help with anxiety. I did put on weight, approx 1 stone and i went to the gym 3 times a week too!

I didn't have any other side effects whatsoever other than weight gain.