PDA

View Full Version : I can't cope any longer !!!!

honeyp1e
27-02-11, 17:19
Having the worse time of my life EVER I just can't cope anymore :( my anxiety is sky high am still having bad burning stomach problems sick of going doc's / hospital appointments and not finding anythin sending me home with (oh we think its an ulcer and bad acid) I just can't cope with it any longer have to go get a scope on 22nd march but am ringing them everyday to see if can get an earlier appointment then am waiting for my appointments for a abdomen scan & to be sent to an allergy clinic just want to no if it is an ulcer or what I no deep down it most prob is an ulcer and IBS. So does this mean I have to cope with all this burning in my stomach for the rest of my life ?? My symptoms are just getting so bad -
Burning raw feeling just bottom of my ribs and can go down to my belly button
Burning between shoulder blades
Nausea
Trembles
Loss of appetite (some days am hungry 24/7)
Extreme weight loss
Dry skin
High anxiety
No sleep
Worrying 24/7

All my bloods for h-pylori and that came back negative :-) am just so sick of this I've had enough now I can't cope
Doc gave me omeprazole 20mg plus gavison advance when needed :(
Does any1 else have anything like this ??

Greenman50
27-02-11, 17:45
:hugs:Hi

Did i read on another post you only started the meds 8 days ago , and do you take the omaprazle on an empty stomach and eat at least 30 minutes after . Also no gaviscon within an hour or longer of the other meds .
8 days on them and i doubt there in year systym properly yet as there slow release , also they don,t suit everybody the ppi meds .

I know how miserable and frustrateing it is as you know i suffer from it aswell , not as bad as you now but it will improve .
If its an ulcer , the meds will help to heal it , but they are taken at a higher dose , it should say the dose rate on the instructions for ulcers but you need to stick to the docs advice for now untill the scope .

It will settle down but its a waiting game at the moment

Greenman50
27-02-11, 17:49
Are you on any anxiety meds ?

honeyp1e
27-02-11, 20:34
Am just on propranolol 80mg one daily I was also on citalopram but stopped them a while back ( the dope I am) I need to get bk on them but I worry so much about side effects etc even though I have been on them maby of years and no side effects its all neg thinking :(
Yea been on omeprazole 20mg about 8-9 days soon as I wake up and don't eat untill 30mins or more after I just don't feel any effect from them as of yet as the burning in between my shoulder blades n just below my ribs are so so sore :( I've now started getting a bad pains right down bottom of my belly on left above pubic bone and when doc examined me the other night she felt it and when I jumped with the pain the doc asked me what it was ???? I have an appointment in morning with my doc will see her then.. Right now as am typing this am in so much burning pain in back & stomach am so hungry now but I have so much negative thinking going on in my mind I don't like eating late I worry I have eaten to much and will be sick ( am emetophobic) and all today all I have eaten is 8am- 2small toast/cup of tea/ 4biscuits. 1pm- 4 richtea biscuits/cup of tea. 5.30_ 1 rice cake with jam and am. Worrying I've eaten to much that will make me ill even though my stomach is grumbling :( how can I make myself take the anti-depressants to get rid of all my negative thinking ??

honeyp1e
27-02-11, 20:37
Am just on propranolol 80mg one daily I was also on citalopram but stopped them a while back ( the dope I am) I need to get bk on them but I worry so much about side effects etc even though I have been on them maby of years and no side effects its all neg thinking :(
Yea been on omeprazole 20mg about 8-9 days soon as I wake up and don't eat untill 30mins or more after I just don't feel any effect from them as of yet as the burning in between my shoulder blades n just below my ribs are so so sore :( I've now started getting a bad pains right down bottom of my belly on left above pubic bone and when doc examined me the other night she felt it and when I jumped with the pain the doc asked me what it was ???? I have an appointment in morning with my doc will see her then.. Right now as am typing this am in so much burning pain in back & stomach am so hungry now but I have so much negative thinking going on in my mind I don't like eating late I worry I have eaten to much and will be sick ( am emetophobic) and all today all I have eaten is 8am- 2small toast/cup of tea/ 4biscuits. 1pm- 4 richtea biscuits/cup of tea. 5.30_ 1 rice cake with jam and am. Worrying I've eaten to much that will make me ill even though my stomach is grumbling :( how can I make myself take the anti-depressants to get rid of all my negative thinking ??

Greenman50
27-02-11, 23:01
Hi Honeypie

I really feel for you as i know what you are going through stomach wise.

This is what i would try to do if i was you after you have discussed it with your doctor , just saying this as it worked for me although i,m not perfect stomach wise i,m much better .

Keep up with the omaprazole but also ask for ranitidine . You can take both but not at the same time as the omaprazole . I have the lanzoprazole (same as omaprazole a ppi) first thing in the morning as mentioned in my previous post . I then take a ranitidine before i eat at lunch , and before i eat in the evening .
This works for me , the lanzoprazole on its own doesn,t work for me and thats 30 mg . I tried omaprazole like your on and it seemed to make my stomach worse thats why they changed me to the lanzoprazle , i,m not sure now if they did make it worse or i was wanting instant results which you don,t get from a ppi .
Ranitidine also works within 30 minutes , omaprazole is slow release so if you have heartburn at say 2pm in the afternoon it isn,t going to go , but the ranitidine will reduce the acid very quickly .
Another point my doctor said ....even thou these meds cut down the acid the inflamation is already there so you still get the burning for sometime even thou the acid isnt doing more damage so you still feel the same for awhile .

I,m on citalapram 20 mg since January , yes the side effects for me was increased anxiety and depression , but after 2 weeks i started to slowly feel better , so i think it would be worth going on it myself and to look at the long term benifits not the short term effects .
If you ever want to pm me feel free , i,m no expert on stomach issues but can relate to it as its ongoing for me with regular appointments at the docs regarding the cit and acid meds .
YOU MUST TRY TO EAT MORE TO GIVE THE EXCESS ACID SOMETHING TO WORK ON ! ....sorry to preach and you will already know this but you must force yourself . I found scotch broth soup from lidl was brilliant for my stomach (much better than the morrisons stuff my wife buys its tasteless and double the price! ) . It never kicked off any acid pain etc .

Any steamed or boiled veg should be fine aswell . Apples are fine aswell even though people think they are acidic apparantly they are not and suit me , tomatoes are instant heartburn for me very acidic .
I also seen a programme on tv about soup/blended food makeing you feel full for longer and being easier on the stomach . Perhaps you could blend a smoothie of the foods you can eat and drink it slowly through out the day ?
I can see you are in much distress over this but things will get better especially as you are so young .

Take care :hugs:x

honeyp1e
28-02-11, 10:21
Am just sick of always being in pain 24/7 like this morning all above my belly button right across just feels. Dead heavy raw type feeling which I get this everyday wether I eat or not and when the burning kicks off I've started getting bad trembles ?? Don't no if this is anxiety or what? Am sick of taking gavison which don't help with this feeling on my bellybutton gavison only helps with the burning in throat, I've just had enough really feel for people who suffer with this 24/7 I wanna crack up and I not had this long my main concern is once I have cam and they see how big or small it is I will still be on the tabs am on now omeprazole 20mg my doc said I can take one of morning and one of a night if I want to!
Why do you get days where u just wanna eat & eat ?? And then I can get days where I have no appetite at all ?? I no most foods now that kick it off so I stay away from them ie- choc / spicy foods etc,, but everything am eating just feels dead heavy like its sitting on it making it dead raw :( and am getting so depressed from this and I hate it just all in all I have that burning raw feeling between my bellybutton and bottom of ribs and on& off I get the burning shoulder blades / if its not this then its IBS going on a mad one :( which all don't help my anxiety

racdun
28-02-11, 12:39
The burning in your shoulders is all down to muscle tension and a few rounds with a massage therapist will ease that. As for your stomach it is again down to anxiety and tension. I have gone through it and just to give you some hope ... I feel much better these days. It takes time so dont expect immediate improvement with your problems. do up a plan of recovery and stick with it and record it in a notebook so you can see the improvement however small it is. That will encourage you and help you see that you can get better. Please dont give up hope.
Best wishes
rachael

ScaredCaz
28-02-11, 14:34
hi honey pie

yes i do have this also just posted a thread about it i have also had enough i am terrified of doctors and hospitals though so i am a little different to you i aso have burning i said in my post feels kind of sore but burning is probably a better description also in my back although i do feel i have muscle issues too my arms ache which i think i forgot to put my shoulders gives me headaches i also have ibs and i have been tested for a ulcer which was negative i am scared so very scared i can not even explain it i am tired exhausted depressed tearful lonely frightened you name it i feel it and of course anxious i am so sorry you feel the same and i hope things change for us both soon
:hugs:

anx mum
28-02-11, 15:51
Having the worse time of my life EVER I just can't cope anymore :( my anxiety is sky high am still having bad burning stomach problems sick of going doc's / hospital appointments and not finding anythin sending me home with (oh we think its an ulcer and bad acid) I just can't cope with it any longer have to go get a scope on 22nd march but am ringing them everyday to see if can get an earlier appointment then am waiting for my appointments for a abdomen scan & to be sent to an allergy clinic just want to no if it is an ulcer or what I no deep down it most prob is an ulcer and IBS. So does this mean I have to cope with all this burning in my stomach for the rest of my life ?? My symptoms are just getting so bad -
Burning raw feeling just bottom of my ribs and can go down to my belly button
Burning between shoulder blades
Nausea
Trembles
Loss of appetite (some days am hungry 24/7)
Extreme weight loss
Dry skin
High anxiety
No sleep
Worrying 24/7

All my bloods for h-pylori and that came back negative :-) am just so sick of this I've had enough now I can't cope
Doc gave me omeprazole 20mg plus gavison advance when needed :(
Does any1 else have anything like this ??

Hi hun can understand how u feel im the same like yourself getting pains sharp and stabbing mine in my chest also burning too. doctor has said costochondritis or acid reflex taking regular painkillers but still in alot of pain as well as all this my anxiety is sky high its never ending

honeyp1e
28-02-11, 17:52
hi honey pie

yes i do have this also just posted a thread about it i have also had enough i am terrified of doctors and hospitals though so i am a little different to you i aso have burning i said in my post feels kind of sore but burning is probably a better description also in my back although i do feel i have muscle issues too my arms ache which i think i forgot to put my shoulders gives me headaches i also have ibs and i have been tested for a ulcer which was negative i am scared so very scared i can not even explain it i am tired exhausted depressed tearful lonely frightened you name it i feel it and of course anxious i am so sorry you feel the same and i hope things change for us both soon
:hugs:

and they never found anything and you are still having all these burning and pains ?? no wonder your anxious / panicky etc....
am so scared as i feel my burning n pains are getting worse it all usually stays between my loer ribs to my belly button and now i feel burning type feeling below my belly button dunno if this is related to ulcer symptoms or IBS i dont no but its really scaring me :( my camera not untill 22nd march and i feeel i cant wait that long and i dont no what i can do :(

honeyp1e
28-02-11, 18:02
Hi hun can understand how u feel im the same like yourself getting pains sharp and stabbing mine in my chest also burning too. doctor has said costochondritis or acid reflex taking regular painkillers but still in alot of pain as well as all this my anxiety is sky high its never ending

I have just had enough of it all now and if it comes back that its not an ulcer god know what am gonna do i just want an answer that yes it is this or that which can be treated etc am so worried and the doc say i have also IBS OMG does it get any worse so now when my burning is all by my belly button i feel it below my belly button which makes me panic more that i have cancer etc.... i cant wait untill 22nd for the cam :(

anx mum
28-02-11, 20:17
I have just had enough of it all now and if it comes back that its not an ulcer god know what am gonna do i just want an answer that yes it is this or that which can be treated etc am so worried and the doc say i have also IBS OMG does it get any worse so now when my burning is all by my belly button i feel it below my belly button which makes me panic more that i have cancer etc.... i cant wait untill 22nd for the cam :(

Doc saying ive got inflammation of breastbone causing the sharp and burning pain like u had enough gets m down every day.

honeyp1e
28-02-11, 22:23
am just sick of it now its getting to a point i just don't wanna get up of a morning when i do finally drop off to sleep i just feel that something may be wrong and the doctors ain't finding it