PDA

View Full Version : going mad !

cassie1975
27-02-11, 19:15
I have been feeling really low for the last few days my anxiety is playing up and I am scared. My husband has had a really bad cough over christmas he was treated for a chest infection but the cough did not go (although it did improve ). We went back to the doctors for a third time and the doctor is now treating for asthma, ( we got a new kitten there maybe a Link ) My husband is forty six and i keep thinking he has some terminal disease the doctor sent him for a chest xray and results have not come back yet. His cough has subsided but i cant seem to get these horrible thoughts out of my head. I cannot think positive at all and if he does have anything i am not sure how i will cope. I am only thirty five and scared to death. I want to enjoy my life and all i do is worry.

Patsta
27-02-11, 22:30
Cassie, I know its hard, but try not to jump the gun....just wait for the results to come back...chances are you are worrying yourself unneccesarily! When you have asthma and a chest infection as well it does take a little longer to recover from it. The fact that his cough has subsided is a good sign. Try, although I know its hard, not to worry...and I'm sure everything will be fine!
Good Luck
Patty

cassie1975
28-02-11, 09:20
Thanks Patty, I need to try and not to worry but i find it really hard, I keep reminding myself that his cough has subsided now and the inhalers seem to be working. Let's hope I calm down before i end up really ill again x x

Ddcoo
02-03-11, 11:12
Hi Cassie, my partner had a cough for at least 11 weeks and I was stressing too, but it did eventually stop. He is though very full of mucous in the mornings still. I am sure your hubby will be OK but we can't not worry about them can we?

cassie1975
03-03-11, 19:57
Thanks everyone, My husband got his results today and eveything is normal thank god. I may be able to settle down a little bit now x x x:yesyes: