PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety

zoembridge
27-02-11, 19:40
so, i have been dealing with health anxiety for a long time now and each time i get new symptoms im so convinced that its something serious!
The latest one is that i am convinced that i have cervical cancer, for the first time i am experiencing bleeding between periods, i have lower back and tummy pain . i have had the usual checks this week but i dont think i can handle waiting for the results.honestly, i think i am on the edge of becoming completely hysterical, spoke to 4 different doctors now who have tried to calm me but nothing is working. been having spotting and brown mucasy discharge now since monday, everyday it happens i get more wound up cause it is not stopping, has anyone had the same symptoms? would be grateful for peoples opinions please!

oh and i am 26 and never had a abnormal smear before, another thing is my mum recently had cervical cancer so everything i am thinking is pretty messed up right now. Also now, not only am i convinced that i have cancer but that it is advanced due to my symptoms! think i am cracking up

help! zoe

diane07
27-02-11, 19:44
Hi zoembridge

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
27-02-11, 22:11
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

ellen777
01-03-11, 16:59
Hello - I also had those same issues. If you want to talk about it let me know as I am knew to this.

ellen777
01-03-11, 17:01
Okay I think I got it now. I also thought the same thing was happening to me a couple of years ago. I am 49 years old and thought I was going to menopause. I wasn't. I had spotting in between periods, mucous in my discharge. Had my pap smear done and it was okay. Normal. Our mind can convince us that something exist that doesn't. Now that I am over this episode I am onto something new. Good grief. This stinks.