PDA

View Full Version : Lifestyle

W.I.F.T.S.
03-04-06, 13:22
Unfortunately, I work 2-10 in the evening in a warehouse. The work can be very stressful and heavy and it doesn't really help that morale at the place is dire and the management verging on the sadistic.

But anyway, my point is that until recently I used to drink a lot of coffee and coke at work to try and keep my alert. It was only after i read something recently that just two cups of coffee will double the amount of adrenaline in your blood stream (which will cause anxious and panicky feelings) that I decided to change that particular habit and have fruit based drinks instead.

I don't especially enjoy driving home at that time of night, particularly as I'm usually exhausted by that stage and when i get home my fiancee is ready for bed as she gets up at about 7 the following morning, as I do to take her to work! So I have little chance to unwind when i get home at night before it's time for bed.

I'm currently looking for other work as this routine is obviously horrendous for someone who suffers from anxiety and panic attacks.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

arethaire
03-04-06, 13:27
So have you noticed any change since giving up the caffeine? & Do you know if decaffeinated is just as bad?

Cath x

suzy1984
11-04-06, 13:15
Hi
I read that caffeine can make anxiety and panic attacks worse so I stopped drinking tea and coffee and I really noticed a difference the panic didn't seem quite so bad and I found it easier to control and i was less stressed and jittery. Not sure if there is any scientific proof but i would say it is well worth a try. If i have the odd cup of tea or coffee now I really notice the difference, I find the panic much harder to control and often have a full panic attack.

Suzy xx :)

W.I.F.T.S.
12-04-06, 09:01
Hi,

Yes, actually I have noticed a difference. By the end of the shift I used to feel really 'wired' from all the caffeine that I'd been having to try and keep myself going. I would say that I'm definitely calmer now.

I use to smoke too and when i was at my worst I'd feel panicky because I was craving a cigarette and panicky when I was having one because of the stimulant effect of the nicotine.

It's still not ideal for me to start work so late, be so exhausted from the work that I do and then come home staright to bed and up early again the next day.

Also because I'm always pushing myself to do things I can't just sit and watch tv and relax, which adds to my general level of tension.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

arethaire
12-04-06, 13:52
Good to hear that it has helped, but you really should learn to relax :p
(Easier said than done)

Cath x

weepinky
14-04-06, 09:44
Hi everyone

I have stopped drinking caffine also - now onto hot water with a few drops of lemon - really refreshing - I definately won't be back to my 8 cups of tea a day!!!

Love Pinky