PDA

View Full Version : Do you find this happens to you?

WorryMan
28-02-11, 14:48
Does anyone else find this happens to them...

When reading posts on this site, you can tell from certain people's posts that the symptoms they are suffering from are classic Anxiety symptoms. We often try to reply to these posts to tell those people that we understand where they are coming from and to try not to worry because it just sounds like Anxiety.

Yet... If we then get the exact same symptoms we convince ourselfs that it is something serious and it starts us down a lovely panic spiral. Back to the forums for advice and reassurance.

The never ending circle continues. Gotta love the irony.

ScaredCaz
28-02-11, 14:53
hi

yes! worryman i do that all the time it is very strange how the human mind works

kah
28-02-11, 15:53
Yep, me too!!!
I wish I could listen to my own advice lol !!!!!

bloxy
28-02-11, 17:21
Yes, I do this all the time.

snowgoose
28-02-11, 17:47
hello worryman:)
such a true post and ironic as you say .........but not all bad I think.
we know the rational thinking but fail to apply it to ourselves when in the hell of anxiety and panic ..do it all the time :blush:

But by responding to others with empathy and knowing EXACTLY how the mind twists things ........we help and reinforce the truth to ourselves as we type.
learned this on no smoking forum ......while capable of mugging anyone with a smoke while craving ...........by writing the sense and truth of the addiction to someone else stopped me in my tracks ...............and made me stop. cant be hypocritical can we ? ahem ........well I am learning .
it does help to reach out to our fellow man and learning about ourselves at same time .
hope this came over as I intended ...still searching xx

Greenman50
28-02-11, 18:13
Worryman.....

Unfortunately yes :roflmao:

bloxy
28-02-11, 18:19
Good post Snowgoose and ver true.

It took me to have a conversation with a fellow anxiety sufferer, offering them advice and reassurance to make me realise that it was actually health anxiety I was suffering from and that my thoughts were irrational. I'm still learning too.

StephieLane2105
01-03-11, 09:45
Hi Worryman......

I think I can relate to this......although I am still at "not quite sure whether my symptoms are anxiety or not stage" However, I often answer posts and aid people to realise that they are just worrying over nothing.

Do you know a way we can take our own advice!! :-(

wherefromhere
01-03-11, 10:32
YES I do this too, as I am replying to people I am thinking 'why can I not be so realistic with my own Health Anxiety?!!

Mogwog
01-03-11, 13:22
I do this all the time - I can be having exactly the same symptoms as someone and will read their post and think "oh that sounds like classic anxiety" and then when I think about myself , i'm telling myself I have something terrible and am dying - so it is a little ironic!!!!:ohmy:

Laura.xx

WorryMan
02-03-11, 17:17
Funny how we have these lucid times when we read other posts with the same symptoms as us, yet ours are always 'the real deal'.

Just glad the we have each other to fall back on during our dark times.