PDA

View Full Version : really worried :/

Em.ma
28-02-11, 16:05
Hi, A few issues im worried about today.

Ive been on my period 9 days (5 of the days were normal) but for the last few hours today ive been spotting really light brown blood (none yesterday that im aware of, the day before a little brown and the day before that nearly black coloured.) also got a slight pain in right ovary area. Really worried about my kidneys still.
Also worried about my head as i got up late this morning and had 10 mins to straighten hair lol so i was rushing of course and being quite rough and as soon as i stepped out the door i though "omg what if ive done damage to my head" lol. got a weird feeling in top of my head and earlier on had a such a bad sharp pain there for a few minutes.
Also today had a dry sore throat no matter how much i drink (i had to spit out a load of gunky flem stuff earlier :scared15:)
Also i take geography and the topic at the moment is "health" lol and we were doing type 2 diabeties today and she was saying thirst, fatigue etc were sytptoms. I thought straight away that ive had this all day and that the kidneys can fail from diabeites so now im really scared as i get back spasms near my kindeys, had a pain in one the other day and have trouble holding in urine sometimes. She also said you can have heart failure from diabaties and yesterday i was having bad painful twinges in upper chest (mainly bought on by movement)
I hated college today everything about it was stressful and i just feel so upset and alone now. When i go to bed at night and lie in my pillow i worry about my head as it twitches and i have to keep sitting up :weep:

Em.ma
28-02-11, 16:20
i've lost my appetite aswell. Ive had one bacon roll today and thats it :\

daisycake
28-02-11, 17:06
Sorry to hear you had a bad day :hugs: diabetes is unlikely - all your symptoms sound like anxiety. If you are really concerned just ask your GP to check, it only takes a simple blood test. I think diabetes at 17 is uncommon without a family history! Periods sound very normal too, if a bit long maybe - again there are tablets you can take to combat this. You're fine :hugs:straightening your hair wont hurt your head at all.. Now - as for the bacon roll - that's not a lot, and wont make you feel any better - I'm sure either mum or dad will be cooking a good meal tonight though? x

Em.ma
28-02-11, 17:16
Thanks. Is asking my doc about the pill to make them normal as they just pop up at any time a good way to go? because im not having sex.
They've got chicken casserole cooking now :D
I couldnt beleive it in geography when she chose the health topic lol (i know people will think how is that geography but you learn about the differences of diseases accross the world etc.)

Em.ma
28-02-11, 18:57
Just got a phone call from another counessler that i was reffered to and the 1st app that they can do is the 6th april :/. I expected it but it seems a long way of at the momment lol.
Also been using laptop for three hours now lol on a book but one leg feels like its burning lol.

bronte
28-02-11, 19:04
ive just had the brown spotting problem i was on my period for 4 days but was spotting like you described for another 7 days my gp says its my hormones that is what yours will be dont worry x

Em.ma
28-02-11, 19:09
Thanks. :D. I never knew how much being anxious could affect your body

bronte
28-02-11, 19:21
yes it can effect your body eg before i lost my mum 2 years ago my periods came on the dot every month now with all the stress all losing her my periods have been so unpredictable with lots of spotting before and after my periods and also mid cycle its all down to stress x

Em.ma
28-02-11, 19:40

alibobs
28-02-11, 19:42
Hello I have read your thread and I really understand how you feel, I worry constantly about health issues, but not ones that should cause me concern, such as the fact i do have heart failure, had a recent heart attack and diabetes !! I worry about mythical illnesses. What really wanted to say to you was please dont worry you have heart failure pain in the chest is not a symptom believe me please. I hope this reassures you

daisycake
28-02-11, 20:06
Thanks. Is asking my doc about the pill to make them normal as they just pop up at any time a good way to go? because im not having sex.
They've got chicken casserole cooking now :D
I couldnt beleive it in geography when she chose the health topic lol (i know people will think how is that geography but you learn about the differences of diseases accross the world etc.)

It might help - give it a go maybe. There's so many different types and you can usually try 2 or 3 to see what suits your body best. Doesn't matter whether you are having sex or not - I started taking the pill when I was 16 and I'm now nineteen and still not had sex! Can be good for sorting your skin too. If you really don't fancy the pill, like I said to you last night evening primrose oil or vit B6 is what I was recommended.

Haha yes - I remember doing stuff like that in biology - never did geography past the age of 13, couldn't stand it haha! Good to face your fears though as opposed to hiding from it if that makes sense.

Yeah that is a long way off.. There must be a way to bring it forward though. And if all else fails - there's us, your GP, helplines, your family :) That time will go a lot faster than you think! Maybe persist with them and see if you can get in on a cancellation? Might work - I do that with my GP if I really need to see her and phone 1st thing in the morning to see if I can see someone as opposed to waiting for ages :)

Hope all's good for the rest of the evening :hugs: xx

Em.ma
28-02-11, 21:08
Thanks. Keep saying it but I must book to see gp soon. I didn't have dinner. I just don't feel hungry today and throat feels all dry and sore. When I thight about it. It's the first of march tommorow so only realy just over a month away :) if I want to go to docs the same day I'll phone in morning and take what ever time and doc they offer. The head worries the worst at moment. I hate doing simple things like my hair as that even makes me worry. It's like I was just finishing it now after washing it and I was brushing through and i felt a bump on my forehead that it went over. I do tug pretty hard to get all the knots out as it's naturally curly and very thick( enoguh for six women my hair dresser said). Have pain on top of head now :( Anyway. Hope you have a good evening :) xx

Em.ma
01-03-11, 20:25
Hi. im really scared of the brain tumor thing (been having intense head pains all day) and ive had this for over a year (but when i sit down for a few mins one leg will go numb to the point i cant use it.) Also the back spasms and sometimes i drop things randomnly and cant control my body :(. I wobbble aswell.

macc noodle
01-03-11, 21:13
Well Emma - you are not dead yet!!! Just re-read that post you have written - if you had been suffering from a brain tumour for over a year you would be in trouble by now.

You have really bad anxiety hun as we all keep telling you.

:)

Em.ma
02-03-11, 15:51
Thanks.
Fearing cancer today again because of the:

and ive had this for over a year (but when i sit down for a few mins one leg will go numb to the point i cant use it.) Also the back spasms

also the twisted ankle pain and the toes squeexing togehter and i have feelings/pain in right hand :( and a lump on on one side were it connects to wrist which hurts sometimes(between 2nd and 3rd finger its natuallry very wide apart at the moment and feels funny)

Also scared of blood clots because of the numbness. also getting a funny feeling between thumb and 2nd finger on right hand now.
Also been to dentist he said teeth were fine but im still having lots of bleeding when brushing and feelings in teeth sometimes (so scared of cancer today or another serious illness) i still get sinus pain to.

Em.ma
02-03-11, 15:53
also last night i awoke to having a sickly feeling in throat and lots of burping (still got it now but not as bad) and the last few days ive had a dry sore throat. How ever much i drank it would still feel dry. so scared about cancer. also my finger will just naturally cross over the top of the thrid one sometimes. or the other way around

Katie6
02-03-11, 16:39
Thanks.
Fearing cancer today again because of the:

and ive had this for over a year (but when i sit down for a few mins one leg will go numb to the point i cant use it.) Also the back spasms

also the twisted ankle pain and the toes squeexing togehter and i have feelings/pain in right hand :( and a lump on on one side were it connects to wrist which hurts sometimes(between 2nd and 3rd finger its natuallry very wide apart at the moment and feels funny)

Also scared of blood clots because of the numbness. also getting a funny feeling between thumb and 2nd finger on right hand now.
Also been to dentist he said teeth were fine but im still having lots of bleeding when brushing and feelings in teeth sometimes (so scared of
cancer today or another serious illness) i still get sinus pain to.

Hi Em.ma
Just wanted to ask you a question, how are you linking all the symptoms you have to cancer? numb leg, back spasms, pain in right hand, teeth pain bleeding when brushing, sinus pain, burping, dry throat, sickly feeling. as an out sider without your current health anxieties, i just wonder how you are coming to this conclusion, the symptoms you are getting are far more likely to all be the result of severe chronic anxiety, hope i didn't sound harsh, just wanted to point it out as i think you are putting 2+2 together and coming up with 578:hugs:

macc noodle
02-03-11, 16:52
Katie6 is spot on Emma !

Just a few things to try:-

(1) bleeding mouth/teeth - try using a soft toothbrush for a while (you can get a cheap one with soft bristles from any supermarket/corner shop) and buy some mouthwash that is specially for sensitive mouths (ie., no alcohol) so it doesn't sting.

(2) sinus pain - although this is no doubt being caused by the anxiety - nothing soothes it like running the shower, shutting the bathroom door and creating your own steam room - sit in there for as long as you can (or as long as mum and dad will allow before they tell you to get out!!)

(3) stomach issues - eating little and often will help reduce this - also eating slowly and concentrating on the food will help. Also, don't forget to drink 8 glasses of water a day this will help you with bowel issues too as well as making you feel great!

(4) STOP LOOKING AT YOURSELF FOR TROUBLE!!! stop checking - make yourself a DO NOT CHECK CHART - each hour that you do not check for any of your symptoms award yourself a point (and then decide on a treat for yourself once you have gone so many hours/days [whatever timeframe you decide] - something you really love (obviously funds and feasibility permitting :winks:)

(5) Get out there girl and have some fun - you have said before that you do not focus on your anxieties so much when you are enjoying yourself.

Jan
xx

Em.ma
02-03-11, 17:11
number 4 is a really good idea thanks x
I have come to realise the more i worry about sinus issues the worse it gets. No doubt i did have a sinus problem from the cold i have but ive proberly made it a hell of a lot worse by worrying.
the only other worry is earlier i had a pain in side of amdomen (near hip and had discharge out the same time) as soon as the pain went the discharge went.

Em.ma
02-03-11, 17:12
Thanks Katie.
I agree that im grabbing all symtopms and trying to find a link between all of them which is never a good idea.

mysecretidentity
02-03-11, 17:52
I'm generally on my period for 7/8 days and spot brown most days past the 4th :) try and relax, your symptoms sound so familiar to me and mine was all anxiety.

Em.ma
02-03-11, 17:55
Thanks. The discharge wasnt period blood today though it was just normal dischare :(.
My periods finally stopped after 9 days lol.

Em.ma
03-03-11, 18:56
sorry to be an absolute pain in the **** but does this:
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/images/tasted/smoothies/sainsburys-exotic.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/food/low_calorie/smoothies.htm&usg=__fgulRpTqrX2yoN3hhuaSpDRxRpY=&h=215&w=75&sz=14&hl=en&start=0&sig2=5W14rozaBKT34fWdw8DsGg&zoom=1&tbnid=-lcY9rifTXkWRM:&tbnh=143&tbnw=50&ei=3ONvTaDSC-iK4gbspsCjDQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsainsburys%2Bsmoothies%26um%3D1%26hl% 3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D560%26tbs%3Disc h:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=113&vpy=93&dur=1230&hovh=172&hovw=60&tx=63&ty=123&oei=0ONvTbL1HIO0hAfclck-&page=1&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

count as a drink? ive had one and a half bottles of this in four hours (love them) now im scared im over hydrated (which can cause brain hemmorage, the old classic worry again) got weird head pains and dizziness. Or im scared these drinks dont hydrate you but im scared to have anything else to drink :(.

Em.ma
03-03-11, 18:58
All ive had to eat today is a chicken/salad baugette and a yougurt, really worried about fingers still getting a funny feeling between 2nd and 3rd finger on right hand now. there stetched to far apart (im so terrified of cancer or serious illness) also my finger will just naturally cross over the top of the thrid one sometimes. or the other way around

Em.ma
03-03-11, 18:59
im really unhappy with my self. all this stress has caused me acne, dry skin on face (but oily), sweating a lot :(. bad flaky skin. even my friend said today that im looking physically ill. I look pale a lot aswell.

daisycake
03-03-11, 19:15
Yeah they're a drink. Overhydration is not very common as far as I know and you'd have to be really glugging the stuff down - I think the only cases I've heard of was that Leah Betts in the news - who had taken ecstacy anyway so she had no chance - and a woman who had drunken 4 litres in 2 hours.. I highly doubt you've done that - your kidneys get rid of excess water fairly well. Anxiety can make you look dreadful - and so can not eating well - you want ideally to be getting 3 good meals a day. A good breakfast, a good lunch and a good tea, with some fruit/veg and the occasional treat inbetween. Some people are naturally pale, a bit of tinted moisturiser can give you a healthy glow. For your skin, maybe try the pill, or there's a whole lot of various creams etc out there (from my experience Amie skin care works the best on young skin).. Good luck! x

PS - don't be unhappy with yourself, none of this is your fault - look after you!

Em.ma
03-03-11, 21:30
Thanks. Now I'm the opposite and think there not because I havnt used the toilet more times than usual today. So scared of dehydration. Also scared of brain. Hemmorage still. I can't beleive I can't even do my hair anymore without worrying. Simple things like if I let go of the hairband and it pings aginst my head worry me. I tug in it hard to get the knots out with the brush. Again worry. All this just happened and now I'm getting weird head pains Grrrr. Weird feeling at top of head kinda to the side. Very scared to sleep.

Em.ma
03-03-11, 21:32
Also Worried as sometimes when using brush it lightly taps head if in in a rush

Em.ma
04-03-11, 18:07
fearing stroke today- ive only been sitting down with both legs staright out with laptop on lap and got extreme numbness in left foot.
Also today i keep feeling little lumps appear in my fear and i have to swallow them (feel like one is stuck at the moment ):(

Em.ma
04-03-11, 18:12
also 2nd and 3rd finger are still spread about and when i eat teeth and jaw hurt- so scared about cancer. also got a sharp pain in side of head earlier.

Em.ma
04-03-11, 20:08
got weird feeling on side of head on forhead which is fading now (but was like a stretching feeling) today ive had a big bottle of orange squash to drink and a can of coke. would that be causing this? how little do you have to drink to become really badly dehydrated.

daisycake
04-03-11, 20:14
You're fine - to be worryingly dehydrated you have to had very little to drink at all, I remember telling you that once. It's all tension x

Em.ma
04-03-11, 20:18
Thanks, Bath and early night for me i think (even if it is friday) i feel exhausted:)

Em.ma
04-03-11, 20:48
the only other thing im worried about is that at the back of my head theres a really raised mole/spot which has been there for a good few years. never seen as it as its under my thick hair. maybe i could mention it to the doc when i next to go?

Em.ma
05-03-11, 19:27
Hi I've been out all day at my friends and realises yet again after i felt something enter my toe that i was walking bare foot on wooden floor (i think its a splinter but im not sure--- i felt a ridge and a small brown dot on toe. Whats the worst a splinter can do if left in- im terrified its gone all the way in.
also earlier had some (blue ink i think) on finger but i dont know were i got it from and when i ate a biscuit i tasted it. i hadnt used ink today and had a bath last night so dont know were it came from.
Also scared for my head- was messing around doing hair with friend for hours :\. didnt even think about worrying at the time but now im alone i am a bit.
Also got the pain again in my left ovary. very scared about this.

Em.ma
05-03-11, 19:36
also just remembred i was using the laptop for hours and her house is baking hot to. Didnt realise till after how hot my legs felt.

Em.ma
05-03-11, 20:33
really scared to sleep tonight :(

Em.ma
05-03-11, 21:50
I can't sleep caise of splinter. I can see a tiny dot then another one 1mm away.:( I know it's a splinter and I can feel it sometimes in my foot. What I it gets infected while I sleep

macc noodle
05-03-11, 22:53
If it gets infected whilst you sleep - then you will have to sort it out in the morning!

Chances are Emma it will be absolutely fine. You had a splinter not too long ago and it was fine too wasn't it?

:)

Em.ma
06-03-11, 13:27
Hi. I did have one a few weeks ago. It eventually came out. I can still see a little brown dot on foot. I just have a vision of it going yellow in my sleep and then needing the toe amputated.

Katie6
06-03-11, 13:52
there is nothing to worry about with a splinter, if you are unable to get it out yourself, in time your body will do it itself, i have two little boys and if they get splinters it doesn't worry me at all, it is highly unlikely that a simple splinter will become infected, especially over night x

Em.ma
06-03-11, 18:05
Thanks. Still worried about it but i guess with two little boys your used to it.

We was just in the car on on the way home and brother clutched his foot in pain and i asked him what was wrong and he said cramp in ankle. I get this to, now im worried we both have some disease/illness causing this.

Katie6
06-03-11, 18:34
Em think back to the last splinter you had, you were worried about that, did anything bad happen to you because of a tiny little splinter??? NO it didn't so when you are worrying tell yourself that.

And also as for the cramp, it is perfectly normal, and very common to get cramp, espically whilst in a car x

holly87
06-03-11, 19:05
emma im on the implant so i dont useually have periods not had one since last summer so two weeks ago when my anxiety was at its highest i came on a period an that scared me but the doc asured me everythings ok .. and just remember stress takes its toll in many ways .. its not unuseual for periods to be a bit longer or shorter of heavier or lighter or anything :)

Em.ma
06-03-11, 20:40
Hi, thanks for the replies. the last thing im worried about is on ly leg theres a scracth (its wide) but only a cm long and theres a brown dot in the scracth. also on hands and wrists theres loads of red lines/dots.

Em.ma
06-03-11, 20:58
I'm also worried about ovarian cancer as I get pain in one sometimes and funny periods. I also used to get the stomoaxh noises for half an hour which i don't get anymore

scaredstiff695
06-03-11, 21:05
hi em.ma
you got to try and stop observing your body chick, ido it but through cbt have leaarnt to let the thoughts pass, the reason you feel all these weird sensations all the time is nothing bad ts cos your monitoring yourself trust me im doing it now while i typ to you. ad the more i observe the worse the pains will become.
my periods are always funny esspecially cos of my anxiety, i once went three months without a period just through the stress i put my body through with anxiety.
i just finished my period the othe day and since then ive been getting period pains and stomach ache pesonally i think ive eaten something funny however the pain is still uncomfortable xx
we all get weird pains hun chances are it wont be ovariam cancer you would have so many different symptoms xxx

Em.ma
07-03-11, 17:24
Hi, thanks i know its unlikely ovarian cancer.
Also i was just stroking my friends dog now and i felt something pointy in my hand. now im worried its a splinter or something else. can still feel it now :(

Em.ma
07-03-11, 17:25
and it looks a little red (just a little square of red)

suzy-sue
07-03-11, 17:40
Em-ma you are suffering from really bad HA hun .Every day you post about the silliest things .This is so not helping you .I do feel so sorry for you ,but you need to get some therapy for this ,its badly affecting your life .Has your Dr referred you for CBT ? iF NOT please go and ask for some and explain how youve been .This really is getting out of hand ,and needs treating . All the best luv Sue x:hugs:

Em.ma
07-03-11, 17:49
Thanks. My doc has reffered me for counessling for which i have in a months time.

Em.ma
08-03-11, 09:30
also still cant get rid of splinter in foot and felt like i got another one yestrday but not sure.

Em.ma
08-03-11, 10:12
also on hand ive got loads of dry skin and you can see the loads of little red cracks and in one of them there is a little bit of brown which looks like a splinter

Em.ma
08-03-11, 18:41
does anyone have any cream suggestions for dry, red cracked skin. My friends mum said it looked really terrible :(. its all over but mainly on my hands. My bedroom is always the coldest in the house cause the rooms big and the radiotors small and barely works. Its also slightly damp.

Em.ma
08-03-11, 18:42
im also still worried about the splinter and ive always had problems with scrtaching my self in my sleep (i still have scars on my leg from when i did it so badly once)

suzy-sue
08-03-11, 18:53
Sudocrem is excellent for sore cracked skin Em.ma .Once it heals Valseline intensive hand lotion applied twice a day will stop it from happening again .If the splinter is painful ,ask your Mum to get it out for you with some tweezers ..I have lots of little scars from one thing and another over the years .Perhaps if you skin is itchy you could apply some cream on your legs and arms too .It usually happens when the skin is dry unless you have dermatitis .Aqueos cream is good too . Winter months and the damp can play havoc with our skin .Prevention is better than a cure .Hope it gets better in a few days ,Im sure it will ..T/c Suex

Em.ma
08-03-11, 19:06
Hi thank you. what is dermatitis?. The skin is painful lol.My friends mum did recommend aqueos. Need to get to chemist maybe and ask. At the moment i have normal vaseline moistiriser cream which i will use for the time being. The splinter isnt painful but it just worries me because of amputation and the thing with the dog yesterday and now i feel as if i have something like a splinter in my thumb :@. the only other thing im worrying about is "the last thing im worried about is on ly leg theres a scracth (its wide) but only a cm long and theres a brown dot in the scracth." this still.

Em.ma
08-03-11, 19:19
oh last thing is i was carrying heavy things home for two miles today it hurt because my muscles always ache and i heard something (bone or muscle) make a noise, not a crack something else, it was really loud.
i now have weird pains in head