PDA

View Full Version : Persistent tension Fear ruining my life

krisrockstar
03-04-06, 15:26
Hi, if theres anyone willing to give me any advice I would really appreciate it. I am 25 years old and have been suffering with anxiety attacks ofr 6 months now. For the last two months I have been put on beta blockers since having my last severe attack. Since the night that attack occured I have had tension, in my left leg at the groin, right where there is a ligament joining. The tension itself is completly without pain, it just makes my leg feel like I am tensing up, but the tension occurs when my leg is completly relaxed. The same has started to happen under my left arm in the last few weeks and as I have been to the doctor several times recently without any joy I was wondering if anyone here could give me advice. For the last 2 months I have been calm and relaxed due to being on beta blockers, and have no anxiety symptoms, just unusual tension. has anyone else ever had this? I know my own body well enough to know this isn't right, and I don't actuallt believe my symptoms have anythig to do with anxiety. Thanks for trying help if you do want to reply.

krisrockstar
03-04-06, 15:30
I forgot to mention I have been having a bit of worry incase this is nodes lymphoma, or hardening of the arteries.

Alexandra
03-04-06, 17:13
Hi Kris

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

EebyJeeby
03-04-06, 17:31
Don't worry Kris. I suffer from this - when I think I am completely relaxed, e.g. watching the TV or something, I realise that I am not relaxed physically at all and I don't even realise. I think in my case it's a habit stemming from years of being tensed up like a coiled spring!

Let's face it, anxiety attacks take it out of you both physically and mentally.

There is something called muscle memory. The more you use your muscles in a certain way, the better they get at it and they "remember" the way you use them. Great if you are an athlete, for example, but if you have been tense over a long period, they have a tendency to stay that way for a while even after you've improved. Give them time and they'll relax too.

Eeb x

jackie
03-04-06, 20:49
hiya kris

me too! i suffer frim pains down my left arm and leg and a tense feeling even when we are supposedly relaxed. its tension. the left arm thing and leg i have had for years

try not to worry

jackie

delta
04-04-06, 09:17
I suffer with muscle tension too, it's no joke, even when I think I am relaxed my muscles are still tense, I have to check myself every few minutes in the day otherwise I get horrible pain, at the moment I'm suffering badly with my upper back/right shoulder blade area, this is a real problem area for me as well as my right arm, I wake up and my hand is gripped tight. I have a job interview tomorrow so things are worse at the moment.