PDA

View Full Version : Dysphagia - worried about my sysmptoms

jp5511lax
28-02-11, 18:58
Hi all, i am worried about Dysphagia. i experienced trouble swallowing recently and i feel tightness when i sleep and drink anything. really hoping this is just related to anxiety and not something serious. has anyone here ever experienced this??

zo3096
28-02-11, 20:03
Yes - after being admitted to hospital months ago for something quote scary my anxiety went through the roof. One of the first anxiety symptoms I had for a month was exaclty what you are describing. I kept checking in the mirror with my mouth open to check it wasn't closing up lol. Its very commonwith anxiety as far as I'm aware.

Greenman50
28-02-11, 20:38
i,ve still got the feeling of a tight throat and of food going down :weep:

Have you seen a Doctor to put your mind at rest ?

jp5511lax
02-03-11, 13:58
I have not been to a doctor yet and I hope this isn't anything serious. It comes and goes as far as the severity of it and i'm sure its partly related to my bad anxiety :(

THank you for your replies guys, it does help a lot.

honeyp1e
11-03-11, 16:37
i get this all the time & think my throat is closing up on me or i find i keep swallowing every two minutes of the day

rgbinny
19-03-11, 06:30
It took me ages to learn how to relax when I got these feeling in my throat it's really frightening when it happens but over time you get sort of use to it.Difficulty swallowing is frightening and it can obviously be dangerous.When you are getting up suddenly the blood supply shall be varied for a while due to the effect of gravity.That can cause such disturbance.