PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares, breakdown and such like

scorpionwhispers
28-02-11, 21:09
I have been on Cit for about a year. I am still having sporadic nightmares...they really are quite horrific and leave me fighting to stay awake and wondering what the hell is wrong with me to imagine such horrible things!

I have 3 jobs and a 2 year old, I am so tired and down, I suffer from health anxiety and had panic attacks which is how I came to start on Cit. I feel so low at the moment, completely wiped out. I constantly worry about my daughter's health and am terrified about losing her and generally just worry and completely over analyse everything.

I worry I am having a breakdown. Before I go to sleep I feel like I can hear voices, which I know must be the Cit, it is like dreaming while awake, lucid dreaming.

I just feel that I have made small steps yet now I'm sinking a bit in quick sand.

Sorry had to get that all out as I have been thinking about making a post for a few days.:weep:

gaaron
28-02-11, 21:58
Sounds as if you're going through a tough time. ..but with 3 jobs and a 2yr old you've got a lot on!! Maybe go back to your GP and explain how you're feeling. Take care x

scorpionwhispers
01-03-11, 19:44
Can anyone else help me at all? Does anyone else have terrible nightmares

Olneythelonely
01-03-11, 22:18
I have bad dreams regularly, really vivid ones. I'm on about day 48 of taking Cit and I've just upped my dose to 30mg. If you're still struggling anxiety wise then you should speak with your GP.

Hope you feel better soon.

Idstain
02-03-11, 05:52
Hi :) , I am sorry you are going through such a tough time at the moment, you certainly do have a lot on.

When I was on cit I used to get very vivid dreams and nightmares all the time and I am sure that it is a very common side effect. Please go and see your GP if you need more reassurance.

Take care x

NoPoet
02-03-11, 10:20
The cit is known for causing strange dreams, some upsetting, others just bizarre. Also anxiety and depression etc can cause nightmares. The nightmares are just random spoutings of your imagination and they don't mean anything. If you're distressed by them and by your other circumstances you should consider asking for counselling or cognitive behavioural therapy from your doctor. There's a free online CBT course at www.livinglifetothefull.com.

In the meantime you should consider ringing samaritans to vent all your stress and fear. They are trained to listen. I have had a lot of support from them and it's helped me to work a lot of problems out.

Good luck!