PDA

View Full Version : acupuncture

sarahblonde32
28-02-11, 22:23
has anyone tried acupuncture? i read there is a place somewhere on your chin that can help??!
hypnosis didnt really help me...
sarah

sambeckett
01-03-11, 19:58
I would also be interested to know if this is helpful since I know some people who say it can be very good.

Did you try it in the end? If so I would really like to read about your experience.

sarahblonde32
02-03-11, 10:39
hi,
not yet...was looking around for somewhere to go...not sure on the idea of pins sticking in me!!
but its a worth a try..
sarah

allergyphobia
02-03-11, 11:25
i have acupuncture, and i would say it has completely turned my life around.

it has helped me relax in myself, to be more open to trying foods again. i believe the combination of acupuncture and CBT have taken me from eating only bread to now eating proper meals and actually eating out too.

I can feel when I am due for my next acupuncture as i start to feel a bit strung out, but the session really calms you down, and i get on well with my acupuncturist it's almost like a counselling session going in there!

i would really recommend it, but wouldn't say it's a cure. you don't feel the needles, you feel almost a 'zap' of energy, it's barmy!

x

Groundhog
02-03-11, 12:41
Hi
Don’t know if this is any help but I have had acupuncture but not for anxiety and it certainly helped me. I had Plantar in my heal and the doctors wanted to inject with cortisone but I had had a previous bad reaction to cortisone injections for tennis elbow that laid me up for two weeks in agony so I opted for acupuncture on the advice from my doc. I had three sessions over as many weeks and by the end the pain had gone. Have to say though that it hurt big time but I was told it would because the needles had to in the bottom of my heal and its very dense and hard round there as you can imagine, I also had needles in my leg which were to all intense and purposes painless. Worth a try in my opinion.

sarahblonde32
02-03-11, 16:57
brill, i just found one so im going to give them a call. pricey...but its gotta to be worth a try. today i feel rubbish.
sarah

sarahblonde32
08-03-11, 19:12
Booked the appointment!! thursday evening...i shouldnt get my hopes that it will be a miracle cure...but im so hoping it is!! im hoping i will feel at least a bit better...maybe relaxed.
does it cure broken hearts??!thats what i need a cure for..
sarah

Chriswebster
08-03-11, 21:00
Hey Sarah. Hope the session goes well for you. I have looked at it several times and a colleague swears by it for pain relief, but have always worried I would not cope with it. You could be my inspiration to give it a go! Hope the broken heart thing sorts out too. U got friends here. Good luck. Chris x

sarahblonde32
08-03-11, 21:04
hey thanks, i will let you all know if i'm mended. and my heart:weep:
maybe it will just repair my insides a little.

sarah

allergyphobia
09-03-11, 09:39
Hi sarah

I think it takes a lot of different things to mend a broken heart. If you get on with your acupuncturist as well as I do with mine though, you will find the whole thing a very uplifting experience. My acupuncturist knows all about whats going on in my life, and I find him a very calming influence. We spend the session talking about general things as well as putting the needles in!

At your first session you will be asked to describe your personality, your medical history etc. This is so the acupuncturist can treat you under an element. For example when I first went to acupuncture I was suffering with mild depression, very low and retrospective, and I was suffering from breathing problems – this put me under the “metal” element category. I was also surviving mainly on bread and water.

My acupuncturist along with my CBT therapist coached me back into eating. My acupuncturist told me about the chinese diet, how they say to eat like kings in the morning, prince at lunch and a pauper at dinner – he told me to focus on stews, soups, porridge, chicken, all the wholesome things. Step by step I believe acupuncture and CBT therapist have help shape me into what I am today.

I love acupuncture, and depending on my ‘pulses’ (you’ll learn all about those soon!) I now only go every 5/6 weeks. I like going for this little top up and I enjoy the sessions so much I can’t see me stopping any time soon! The whole thing is incredibly relaxing, and I think I have benefited so much as I have believed so much. You can feel the zaps of energy as the pins go in – it’s a crazy sensation, but not scary or painful.

One week I had had a very bad week, my breathing was incredibly laboured and chest sore. My acupuncturist took my pulses and told me I had a block of energy travelling out from my lungs. I wasn’t letting go of the bad stuff. This was before I had even told him I’d had a bad week. He selected some points, and the maddest thing happened. I got pins and needles from the top of my shoulders all down my arms… then a minute later all down my torso and legs…it was like a crazy tingling, like the energy was pouring through me. This is when I really believed in acupuncture and haven’t looked back since.

I really hope it works for you. And in the mean time, I suggest ice cream, girlie dvds… power ballads and lots of friends/NMP!!

Take care sarah :hugs:
Amber xx

sarahblonde32
09-03-11, 12:50
Thanks amber, i am looking forward to it..i think.
No amount of ice cream and dvds are helping! if the acupuncture doesnt help...i dont know what will...
sarah

allergyphobia
09-03-11, 13:57
does talking about it help? broken hearts take time, that's all, and you sound like you need a bit of closure.

here if you need a shoulder

x

amandaj
09-03-11, 21:10
hi sarah if the needles accupuncture doesnt do much for you then what i have is accupuncture seeds placed in my ears ,you rub them when feel stressed ,agitated ,,upset, anything really they work for me, not saying will for everyone just thought id let you know there is othere options of accupuncture nowadays good luck
amandaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sarahblonde32
09-03-11, 22:11
thanks amanda, guess she will go through the options with me and will be trial and error. i hope it works!

talking helps, but i havent reallly spoken to anyone about it, on the outside im bearing up i think, staying positive, but on the inside im dying :weep:
i still have to work with him, and his new 'bit of stuff' !!! so thats horrid.

i think i might see a counsellor soon as i really need to sort myself and move on. i know i will, just taking time.

thanks guys, hugs are good, chats are good, any tips for getting over blokes greatly appreciated!!
sarahxx

haz
10-03-11, 00:12
I get accupuncture for my back and for stress and anxiety. For stress and anxiety the needles are placed in my ear (lobes?) head, backs of hands. It's not sore and I still don't know what the needles look like as she does it in a very discreet way. Don't have a needle phobia anyway (about one of the only things I don't have a phobia about!!). I get it at my local community centre and it only costs a fiver.

Hope it helps you. I'm looking forward to my appointment tomorrow.

Regards.

sarahblonde32
11-03-11, 12:22
Hi all,

Well had the acupuncture last night.....and today....dont really feel any different!! I know it will take awhile and i have another session booked, we talked for a good hour about the problems and my health etc, then put some needles in various points, one in my head, wrists, ankles, she took my pulse alot. It felt weird, sort of tingly, and after i felt woosy and tired, but still didnt sleep well!!
She said i may feel worse before i feel any better, and i was expecting to be in floods of tears last night but i wasnt..i wasnt expecting a miracle cure and i wasnt expecting my heart to be mended over night..but i hoped i might feel a little different. SHe said it over time it should help me see things in a different way, cope a little better and move forward. so thats what i hope. I have also looked at a counsellor this morning as talking it over with the acupuncturist i was almost in tears and made me think that maybe i should talk to someone as i keep building it all up in my head and i need to let it out...has anyone else felt this way? does talking really help let it out?

sarah x

amandaj
11-03-11, 20:42
hi sarah it prob will take a while to work like all things ,the needles didnt work for me but i know loads of people they have worked for,no wonder you are feel like you are dying inside working with them both ,is getting a new job an option? it may seem like a cowards way out but it may help you move on a bit, let me know how you get on please amandaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sarahblonde32
11-03-11, 21:23
hi, i am looking for a new job, desperately, but with the current climate, there is nothing around, or those i apply for have about 100 applicants! i will perservere, i hate this situation. but i do hold hope that something will click soon and i will start to move on.
thanks guys..
sarah :weep:
xx

musicaldave
11-03-11, 22:17
I would recommend trying counselling. It's not just a matter of letting it out, it's also about exploring your history and gaining insights into how you are now. It can also help you to find your own strategies and tactics to cope with situations that are a problem for you.
Working with your ex would be difficult for most people,I would think. Just looking at other possibilities is a big step forward. Keep on. X

amandaj
12-03-11, 08:59
good luck sarah hope you start to feel better soon
amandaxx

seekingpeace
13-03-11, 20:46
I have had acupunture several times. I never felt the needles and always felt very relaxed when done almost groggy so relaxed! I have had cupping done as well. Also helpful, but leaves big purple circles all over your back!

My chiropractor is helping me the most. He does EFT and adjustments. I posted a free EFT link on the link thread. There is actually a spot under your lip on your chin that is a "tapping zone"