PDA

View Full Version : Post here if you want to come to Brighton

clickaway
03-04-06, 18:48
I'm just sending out a pm to a number of you who have expressed an interest in this and some others that I know live within easy travelling distance.

The Brighton meet up is taking place on Sunday May 7th, and is being organised by jojo and myself. We will be confirming the precise rendezvous details by pm or e-mail later.

So please add your name by posting on this thread if you plan to come.

We hope you can make it!

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

feege
03-04-06, 18:59
Yes I'm definitely in!!!!

Well done and thank you for co-ordinating it!

loads of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

nomorepanic
03-04-06, 19:03
I will be there Ray

Nicola

Karen
03-04-06, 19:54
I hope to make it too.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

trac67
04-04-06, 10:42
Hi Ray,

I am going to try to make it hun.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

leo05
04-04-06, 16:17
hi ray

myself and susie hope to be there but dont know for deff ok
due to recent events we are unsure if we should come or not
even though i think it might do susie some good will let you know for deff soon

lea

Lozzie
05-04-06, 16:07
Hi

Count me in!!

Lets hope for sunshine [8D]

Laura xx

tara
05-04-06, 16:32
I'd love to come but I have no transport and it's a little far from wales. Hope it's closer next time.

clickaway
05-04-06, 16:32
Just had PM from Susan Knight to say she will be going

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Two heads
05-04-06, 19:49
Yes i could come i think as im only around the corner!Might be alittle nervous about meeting you all.xx

jojo
07-04-06, 16:01
yep count me in to,just down the road from the meet up place anyway.

Cant wait to met ya loz.xx:D

j.benson

solota
07-04-06, 22:58
Hi
I will really try to make it. Let us know when and where

shiv
12-04-06, 20:11
I'm in. Can't wait!

Siobhan

violet
12-04-06, 20:30
I hope i'll be able to attend!

Sax
12-04-06, 22:53
Hiya all,

Long time eh!! sorry [8D] I am considering it being just down the road and all!!! We'll see, Sue and Trac might just have to do some persuading pmsl.

[:X]love Sax xxx

2young4this
06-05-06, 18:11
Am i too late to get an invite?

with your help i'll get through this

nomorepanic
06-05-06, 18:13
2young - you are never to late to come! Anyone is welcome

Nicola

violet
07-05-06, 14:27
Hi guys,

I went to Brighton today, I was really looking forward to meeting you. The traffic was really bad so I only arrived at 1220 at the cafe at Preston Park and I couldn't find anyone! Although, I've been told that the group would wait for 30 min for later arrivals. I didn't see anyone, no obvious groups of people, just families with kids. I didnt know which cafe it would be as nobody told me so I ran around the park like a mad woman. There was another cafe in the middle of Preston Park, I went there, too...Needless to say how disappointed I was driving all the way down from Tunbridge Wells. May I just say: I dont think it was organized v. well...All I knew that it would be at Preston Park at the cafe. Which cafe - I could only guess...Anyway, I hope you had a good time and hopefully I'll meet you sometime soon...

Quirky
07-05-06, 15:46
I hope everyone that went to the meet today had a lovely time.

What a shame Violet, from what I read on the south east meet up thread here they were meeting at 11am, so would only have waited until 11.30am before maybe going off somewhere. Better luck next time!

Lisa

Piglet
07-05-06, 16:02
Oh Violet what a shame - well done for giving it a go, I can appreciate how disappointed you must feel.

Hope the others did manage to meet up and that they had a nice time.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

violet
07-05-06, 16:07
No, according to a PM I got from jojo, the meeting was at 1200...Thanks, anyway!

Karen
07-05-06, 17:26
There appears to have been a lot of confusion about today. I wasn't well enough to go in the end but was also told the meeting time was 12.00 and the group would hang around to allow for people held up in traffic etc.

Violet: I am sorry your first experience of going to a meet up was not positive. This is the exception rather than the rule. Most are well co-ordinated and organised but maybe inexperience and the fact that it appeared to be mostly newer member attending contributed to what went wrong.

Well done for making the effort and I hope this experience doesn't put you off attending on further occasions.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

feege
07-05-06, 17:34
Hi all....

Well I went there at 11.10 - Jo told me 11 and waited until 12 pacing up and down lol! shiv spotted me about 12 and we kept our eyes open and spotted Sax about 12.30 and the 3 of us had a good chat and the sun even came out! We stayed until 2pm and had a lovely time in the end - kept looking out but couldn't spot anyone else - we were outside the Rotunda the whole time?!!!

I think we could definitely do this again but we need to exchange numbers and stuff and have a way of identifying ourselves! I didn't want to get involved with organising this as I have so much on my plate but now I know it is such an ideal place, and both Shiv and Sax would like to do it again I think we should organise another one for next month and be a bit clearer about everything?!!!

It should be nice at the beginning of June so I think we should be a Sunday and go for it!!!! We just need a clear time and maybe a badge or something lol!!!

I hope if anyone else went there they were ok - we really did keep looking (in fact I asked two women who looked very offended!!!).

Thanks to Shiv and Sax - see you next month????

xxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?

feege
07-05-06, 17:37
Oh Violet I didn't see your post before I posted mine - how awful - I wish I'd known you were coming....

As there were only 3 of us we weren't easy to identify (obviously we don't look like anxiety sufferers!!!!).

I think I was too nervous and stressed to take any responsibility for this one, but I won't let that happen again.

Please please don't be put off coming along next time - I will give you my mobile number if you are coming again xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

violet
07-05-06, 18:34
thanks for being so sympathetic, guys!
No, it didnt put me off - if anything, it made me more determened to finally meet you next time!

Sax
07-05-06, 18:39
Awww what a shame Violet, yes in future it needs a definate person organising it and to take mobile numbers, sorry JoJo you couldn't make it!

However, as Fee says it was lovely to meet, I explained I couldn't go til 12.30 anyhow and took a flyer (at the cafe which is near the road, the instructions I saw in a previous thread) and heheheheh Fee no we obviously don't look panicy pmsl).

Yes, i'm up for another one lets make a definate time, person who has all mobile nos and definate place and time and I hope next time more feel more comfortable with those arrangements.

See you soon guys

love Sax xxxx

feege
07-05-06, 18:39
Hoorah - well done Violet - Shiv just suggested maybe the bank holiday at the end of May would be good?

Sounds good to me! xxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Two heads
07-05-06, 20:41
I didnt get a pm to tell me where it was all what time?

feege
07-05-06, 20:46
Jojo was co-ordinating it but not sure what happened to her Bong... The three of us who managed to meet just got lucky... I was there for eleven the other two for 12 and we had no way of identifying each other...

I hope if we can do one at the end of the month you will be able to make it and we can all exchange mobile numbers to be sure!!!

Look forward to meeting you x

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Two heads
07-05-06, 20:53
Yes that sounds great!It will be alot easiyer to exchange numbers i think hun.Still i really will look forward to meet you all very soon.xxxx

feege
07-05-06, 20:56
Me too! xxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

shiv
08-05-06, 14:42
Hiya, you two

Had a great time yesterday. Shame it wasn't better organised, but you know it was an ideal amount of people to have a good chat.

Next time, I would be happy to get involved in the organisation of the meeting if you like Fee: perhaps a joint effort. That way it's not such a big burden on just one person.

Anyway, it was lovely to meet the two of you and I'm so glad I went!

Shiv x

feege
08-05-06, 14:52
Hi Shiv!!

Definitely - we can do it together, that would be fab!!!

How's your tum?

Speak soon xxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

shiv
08-05-06, 14:55
Actually, it's been good (touch wood!).

How's yours?

Shiv x

feege
08-05-06, 15:08
Actually a bit better... but I left off the Losec last night just to see what happened so now I'm really confused!!!

Taken nothing so far and it's not hurting at all but it's very 'loose' lol!!! I'm going to leave the Losec off unless I get proper pain again I think...

Glad to hear yours is ok! You did really well yesterday - well we both did didn't we!!:D:D:D

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

shiv
08-05-06, 15:18
We did do rather well didn't we!!?

I think the key for your stomach problems is to perhaps try the meds one at a time for a week or two. At least that way, you'll have a rough idea of what's actually working. In fact I remember reading that one of losec's side effects is stomach pain! Fat lot of good that is if you're prone to gastritis and other stomach problems.

Perhaps we should start a new thread- "My dicky tummy"!!! lol

Shiv x

feege
08-05-06, 15:22
Yes Shiv a new thread would be great - I know Lucy would like it too (spacecadet)...

As you said there are soooo many of us on Losec!!!!

Hope you're having a good day today xxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

hayles
08-05-06, 15:41
I am sorry I missed out on this meet up
as I only live about 30mins from Brighton.
So next time I would really like to be included.

I hope you do a next time?

Thanks x

Hay x

shiv
08-05-06, 16:07
Hi there,

You are more than welcome. We're hoping for possibly the next bank holiday weekend at the end of this month; if not then very soon after. There seems to be quite a lot of us in this area!

Shiv x

Two heads
08-05-06, 21:04
Must be something in the air!xx

essexpete
24-05-06, 19:50
shiv,let me know when u arrange another meet in brighton-cant make bank holiday as working,i know a few peeps down that way as ima member of sauk-and have met many people through them meets.we normally end up in westherspoons or the walkabout bar.anyways i would deffo bring 4 or 5 faces along so maybe we can look forward to a hot summer n plan summin
pete

Two heads
26-05-06, 16:58
Hi there!
I would like to meet also this time in brighton.
let me no and i will make sure im there this time!xxx