PDA

View Full Version : you can do it

sand
01-03-11, 19:08
Hi everyone

I visit this site from time to time, however i havent long joined.

I just want anyone struggling with anxiety to no that there is light at the end of the tunnel, it all started for me at the age of 30 i am now 41, i could barely go outside, buses were a nightmare, avoidance became a bit part of my life.

After many visits to various gps, i decided to try and help myself i discovered dr claire weeks and can honestly say this book was my bible for many years.

When i first started with anxiety i truly thought i was going mad i felt like i had no control over my thoughts, it was a very dark time for me....this book explains it all, i wasnt going mad to my relief it was anxiety.

I still suffer from anxiety symptoms, pins and needles, racing heart, numbness, shaking the list goes on as anyone who sufferes from anxiety will no, all you crave for is reasssurance, i dont need that now i no what it is.

In this book that i have read over and over again.... states that you have recovered when anxiety symptoms no longer matter... it is the no longer mattering that is the key.

I am not ashamed of my mental health issues that i have had, it is good to talk and beleive me you will be surprised how many other people have had similar problems.

If i can help one person from writing this i will have made a difference.

Love to you all

Sand:)

diane07
01-03-11, 19:27
Thank you Sand,

That was a very inspiring post, and well done you for doing so well.

It will give alot of hope to alot of people.

di xx

sand
01-03-11, 20:03
thank di :yesyes:

JT69
01-03-11, 20:11
Hi Sand,

Lovely positive post!!! Very encouraging.

Jo.xx

neilwalker326
02-03-11, 21:31
What is the name of the book please?