PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

sambeckett
01-03-11, 19:48
Hello, and nice to meet everyone on here.

I've had anxiety and depression for 9 years, but have recently decided that I want to get better (long story short - I've sort of been in denial about it for a long time).

I'm hoping that I can find some support and like minded people here, as I find it difficult to relate to and express myself to my doctors. I'm also hoping for some advice…as much as I'm trying to improve things, I feel like it's all getting worse, including the physical symptoms (today I had a panic attack and notices my vision was so blurred, even wearing my glasses which are supposed to correct a focussing problem, that I couldn't see straight for nearly an hour afterwards. This really scared me.). I also don't feel like I have anywhere to turn or anyone to talk to about this. Does anyone relate?

Anyway, that seems like quite a long and not so happy introduction, but I'll be happy to chat with you all, and hopefully not feel like such a freak when I write here.

diane07
01-03-11, 19:49
Hi sambeckett

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

mtatum4496
01-03-11, 19:52
Hi, Sambeckett. Welcome to the group. You'll find a lot of information and support here.

I get the denial thing - for quite awhile I considered myself to just be stressed out. It took some pretty serious situations for me to finally start seeking help and then even more time to find a doctor who helped me get to the root causes for my issues.

Hang in there, you are on your way to finding the right treatment(s) for your individual situation!

sambeckett
01-03-11, 19:55
:) thanks for your replies, and nice to meet you here!