PDA

View Full Version : Throat and Mucus, yum

Bhryn
01-03-11, 20:05
After my wintery bout of pneumonia, I seem to be constantly struggling with a sore throat and mucus. A friend told me I have post nasal drip :s

Is this likely and can it be fixed by leaving it alone, or should I go see my doctor? I only ask because whilst my throat is sore, it's not cramping my lifestyle.

That and the fella tells me hearing me hack up gunk once a morning isn't overtly sexy :lac:

Greenman50
01-03-11, 20:33
Hi

This is only what i,ve read as i get throat mucous , not as bad as i did but i read the body can produce a clear mucous to protect the throat when its infected , not sure how true this is but i cough up a clear mucous every morning so sticky i can hit a brick wall with it at 30 feet and it sticks like glue !

Might be worth a check up to put your mind at rest :D

Bhryn
01-03-11, 21:01
Ooo I didn't know that -

No my stuff is brown-green, I've never ever smoked but I guess it might be a lingering infection. Gah need time to see a doctor so I don't start panicking over this D:

Bhryn
02-03-11, 18:22
A bit of an update:

Yesterday around midnight, I was suffering huge pains in my right hand side, unable to breathe unless I stretched in a certain way and shallow breathing (because it hurt to take a full breath!). After discussing it with the NHS Direct guys, they said it sounded like I'd torn my intercostal muscles, as when pressure was applied between ribs, it hurt so so so bad.

After taking some painkillers and being unable to sleep, I spoke with my doctor this morning who put me on some higher grade medications. I explained about the nose and throat issue, but she didn't seem too concerned.

After finally getting five hours of brief, restless sleep where I woke up with a bruised side (go figure, my restless sleep did it to me in the first place). My throat feels like its on fire and sure enough, I have the urge to cough up/spit mucus up.

I did so and it was bloody! Well blood tinged. I showed it to my mother who said it looked like I had streaks of blood in it.

ATM I'm struggling for a shallow breath and waiting for my Tramadol and Naproxen to kick in... but panicking my head off about the mucus. I haven't coughed up more (it was a tiny bit) but everything from cancer to COPD is running through my head now...