PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about blood tests..

carlos2011
01-03-11, 20:56
Hi guys,

Me again. I won't bore you as I've already posted a few posts on my conditions..(constant lightheaded feeling for a 4 weeks, eye floaters, worse in left eye, and throbbing left temple). I'm 29 btw.

The doc has agreed to put me through some routine blood tests, she thinks its anxiety related too. I'm going tomorrow to have them done. Will they test for everything, what kind of stuff can they spot? I've just eaten my meal so will have nothing else, I presume I'm ok to have water?

I told the doc I'm worried that I have this throbbing sensation on left temple (and eye strain feeling) and because I get bad floaters in left eye, I'm worried I have a tumor..and that's causing the light headed feeling.

What are your thoughts? Do you think I should be worried? They said if the results come back ok then I can be referred to a neurologist for peace of mind, but she thinks it's all anxiety/stress related.

I just wish one of the symptoms would go, I am naturally worried but trying to go on normally..

Thanks for listening guys.

Carl

amandaj
01-03-11, 21:02
hi they can detect an awful lot from a fbc , why arent you eating tonight did they say not to ? drs usually do this to put your mind at rest im sure it is anxiety try not to worry to much good luck with them
amandaxx

carlos2011
01-03-11, 21:08

Yup I ate tonight, but not eating for the rest of the night, got to fast so many hours.

What are the early symptoms of any kind of brain tumor? She did reflex tests and they were fine.

countrygirl
01-03-11, 22:23
the usual mot of blood tests that Drs do are full blood count - sugar- cholesterol ( which is why you are fasting) and liver and kidney - sometimes they also do esr and crp which are general inflammation markers and infection markers so maybe they won't do these but they should do the others as routine and if they are all fine then that is very good news.

obviously a brain tumour would not show up on blood tests:)- have you had an eye test recently as having an eye test is a very good test to rule out brain tumour. If your Dr really thought you had a brain tumour or an eye test showed up something suspicious then you would be sent for an mri brain scan.

HOpe you bloods all come back fine.

carlos2011
01-03-11, 23:26
Hey Country Girl,

Yep had an check at the hospital with my eyes, eye drop dilation etc..I felt like a vampire after so blinded by the lights! Also had an opticians check them too, lol..I know, typical anxiety case eh? Everything fine they said..no glaucoma, cataracts etc..

This temple pain only came on after the floaters, and the light headed came on after the floaters..so maybe it's the stress and worry thats caused the tension?

The only other thing I can think of (call me crazy). I had a new silver filling put in over Christmas..only a small one, I only have 2 in total..could mercury poisoning cause this? Yes, I've been on evil google..LOL..

See how desperate I'm getting?! :blush:

Thanks

Carl