PDA

View Full Version : HIV/STD anxiety, need a friendly voice.

geox
01-03-11, 21:35
After years of worrying about various health issues - specifically STDS and HIV in particular I finally went for an STD check up today.

I'm a gay man and have quite a reserved sex life, I never have unprotected sex.
However I was diagnosed with an NGU/NSU which has really upset me. Apparently this is not always caused by sexual intercourse but is often just an infection men often get. I've been given antibiotics for it.
However it's completely made my anxiety flare up. I now have over a week to wait for the results of my HIV test and other tests and am going insane and have nobody to talk to about it.

Thanks for listening everyone.

bellalew
02-03-11, 10:44
After years of worrying about various health issues - specifically STDS and HIV in particular I finally went for an STD check up today.

However I was diagnosed with an NGU/NSU which has really upset me. Apparently this is not always caused by sexual intercourse but is often just an infection men often get. I've been given antibiotics for it.
However it's completely made my anxiety flare up. I now have over a week to wait for the results of my HIV test and other tests and am going insane and have nobody to talk to about it.

Your having a rotten time by the sounds of it geo, waiting for test results is stressfull, its no use saying dont worry we cant help but do, but i do hope your anxiety and worries ease up soon, and all gose ok with your test results. dont feel alone were all here to help, im sending you some comfort and a big hug.:bighug1:xx

Dahlia
02-03-11, 11:50

Hi Geox

There are two really important points in your email:

- NGU is not always caused by sexual intercourse
- You have never had unprotected sex

It is highly unlikely that you have HIV if you have always had protected sex.

It's natural to feel anxious about the test results - I certainly was, and I had had unprotected sex. But please try to keep in mind that you have never had unprotected sex to counter the anxious thoughts.

I look forward to hearing about your negative result in a week's time :)

Dahlia

JaneC
02-03-11, 12:03
:welcome: to NMP Geo. Everything Dahlia says is right. There's no reason to suspect you might have an STD or HIV because of the other problem - you have always been careful. I'm sure everything will be fine. No doubt you will worry until you get the results but try to keep a lid on it a bit because I'm sure you have nothing to fear x

geox
02-03-11, 13:48
Aw thanks guys...it's very helpful to have some sort of support. I'm trying not to spend each day constantly thinking about it, but it's easier said than done.

WorryMan
02-03-11, 17:12
Please try not to worry, the chances of you being HIV+ are pretty much non existent going by what you said.

Please try not to worry but I know its easier said than done. I'm confident that you will be back here telling everyone that you are negative.

gracesophia
02-03-11, 17:30
My boyfriend has just been diagnosed with this and we're waiting for results.we were both clear of stds a few months ago so think it is non-sexual.it can be caused by germs that are already in your body flaring up.your post reassured me so I hope mine has reassured you!fingers crossed for both of us!

little kyle
02-03-11, 23:04
Oh My God i can see where your coming from same here HIV is 1 of my biggest worries

basicly i never have un-protected im straight

but still worry about having HIV any symptom a runny nose i relate it with HIV

i had test's done im fine but still worry :(

but i will say the chance's of getting HIV are very small

geox
10-03-11, 12:22
Hey all. I was clear on everything. So pleased the unnecessary worry is over. Thank you all for your support.

MoonlightFire
14-03-11, 22:46
That's great news Geo and well done for going through with the tests...that takes a lot of courage! Now you can relax and get back to normal :)

Moonlight xx

flamarella
15-03-11, 00:20
omg im also worried about it.. like i cry all the time!!! and i see it the word AIDS everywhere and i think its a sign

seekingpeace
15-03-11, 02:24
Waiting sucks! Try to distract yourself with other things while you are waiting. Watch your favortie movies, play card games, go get a book from the library, listen to your favorite music, exercise so that you will sleep better too.

I replied to your other post too.