PDA

View Full Version : I am getting worse

JulieJay92
01-03-11, 21:47
so much has happened in a short space of time. hubby lost job on saturday and now BP is constantly 160/95, chest pain/indigestion/lower back pain and its made worse by my friend who had this aged 50 and is having triple heart bypass next week

Im i getting over sensitive and paranoid to my symptoms as my pulse is constantly at 58/64

macc noodle
01-03-11, 22:15
Hi hun, sorry to hear you having a bad time.

Did you know that the normal pulse rate is between 60 and 80bpm? So you are fine!

Your blood pressure is raised because you are anxious - I bet mine would be around 160/95 if I bothered to take it - simply because it is always raised if feeling icky!

Sorry to hear about your friend needing bypass surgery - you had a good check up before you went to Spain last year didn't you? It didn't show any abnormalities then did it? So hun, chances are your current pains/indigestion/etc are actually down to a great big dose of anxiety.

Hope hubby finds something new soon :)

Hope you have a better day tomorrow :hugs:

Jan

JulieJay92
02-03-11, 14:14
still the same today and awful nights sleep

BP did go down to 140/90 but pains under my arm and chest really uncomfortable

Yes i did get checked before i moved here - all came back normal and no family history

macc noodle
02-03-11, 14:22
Anxiety is an evil bedfellow - it gives us no respite once it gets its evil hands on us :mad:

The arm and chest pains will no doubt be the anxiety - you have got too much to think about all at once I am sure.

Good that there is no family history of heart problems and you know your last check up was fine. I seem to remember you posting about similar pains around Xmas time?

Can't offer anything magical to make them go away - just that we are here to listen to you and offer any advice we can! Try and take it easy for the next few days and find little things to do that give you pleasure and distract you from the grotty feelings.

Jan
:hugs:

JulieJay92
02-03-11, 16:16
thanks Jan - its appreciated - gonna splash out and have a beer tonight - cant feel any worse

macc noodle
02-03-11, 16:28
Mmmmm sounds good to me - a little of what you fancy does you good!!!

Jan:D

JulieJay92
03-03-11, 08:59
so far so good - trying not to check BP today so will see how i go

JulieJay92
03-03-11, 17:41
awful this evening

JulieJay92
03-03-11, 17:46
not good

Bp 160/95 and 148/86 pulse 70

crippled with indigestion, pains in both arms and constantly feel sick, just weighed myself and i have lost 1stone in less than 2 months

petrified that it cant be sheer anxiety now

JulieJay92
03-03-11, 19:55
have now been sick twice in 40 minutes after a cup of tea and all i was doing was lying on floor watching tv and checking emails :( HELP

JulieJay92
03-03-11, 20:42
it also feels as f i have a lump being pushed in the centre/left side of chest

Just found out my uncle had an op 2day. Afterwards he was sick, his bp dropped, he fainted but luckily he is ok. He had a previous major H Attack 7 years ago (hes not a blood relative) this hasnt helped Bp now 175/107

macc noodle
03-03-11, 22:30
I see that you are now offline - hope that is a good sign and you have managed to get to sleep.

Please stop taking your BP - it really isn't helping you - you are pushing it higher by keep doing it - you are feeding your anxiety.

Sorry to hear you have been physically sick - sounds like you have got yourself into a right old state.

I honestly think that you need to have a medical and get these issues dealt with so that you can know for sure that you are ok and that it is anxiety. This compulsive checking and double checking BP and worrying about your heart must be making you feel so miserable. Is there no english speaking doctor you could see and tell them how you are feeling?

Take care

:)

JulieJay92
04-03-11, 08:35
unfortunately not, , have 2 go 2 hospitaal and pay translator as we live here and money is a worry at the moment so hence why i use here

i have suffered anxiety since 1997 on and off and usually have big fallbacks which i hope this is one

macc noodle
04-03-11, 16:11
Hey, how are you today?

Hopefully feeling better?

:)

JulieJay92
04-03-11, 21:17
same same same

was good this afternoon

but tonight ive got awful pains across my back and down both my arms to my elbows and then my fingers go tense. also pains in lower back and stomach but no nausea today ( hope i dont speak to soon)

BP 148/85 & 160/96 still not the best but havent now taken ibroprofen since wednesday as i thought it may affect my BP but obviously not

Melissa429
10-03-11, 06:56
have you talked to doctor about giving you something to lower your BP.. please try to relax..maybe try something natural..i know how your feeling was at hospital sat. and my bp was 139/94 heart 101 and then again was 127/84 which is better heart was 94..had bad panic attack that day..any ways i havent took it sense then and im glad i havent cuz checking it everyday makes ur anxiety so bad. i know you think its not anxiety but most likely it is. also stay away from alcohol as it only brings your BP up more

for me the computer relaxes me so try doing something that relaxes you.
watch a funny movie
eat banana's they are good for lots of things.

if you feel that sick don't be ashamed of going to the ER . so maybe if you see that all your test are fine maybe that will relax you. i hope this helps. ill pray for you :) keep your head up