PDA

View Full Version : So anxious about pains in chest

anx mum
02-03-11, 11:26
So anxious about these pains in chest getting sharp pains if i press my sterum really hurts. Im a complete mess:weep: just want my life bk.

PokerFace
02-03-11, 12:04
My doctor poked me in the centre chest once and when I said "ow" he said that's good cuz if it hurt when he did that it ment it was muscular xx

nomorepanic
02-03-11, 12:17
But you know what it is as the doc has told you.

What have they said will ease it if anything?

nomorepanic
02-03-11, 12:18
I think I also told you that I get chest pains when I am stressed and anxious so you are probably making the whole thing worse stressing over it.

anx mum
02-03-11, 12:24
But you know what it is as the doc has told you.

What have they said will ease it if anything?

Yeah think if it hurts to touch is the muscle on painkllers guess it worries me being in chest.

Catalyst
02-03-11, 13:15
if i press my sterum really hurts.

Hi hun - it's not a good idea to keep pressing on your sternum! The xiphoid process (sort of cartilage thing, which is at the base of your sternum) is quite sensitive and can get really painful if you put any pressure on it. I find that whenever I have a pain somewhere, it always lingers longer if I rub or prod it.

I had my chest pains quite bad again yesterday. Something as simple as standing with my arms folded & bending forward triggered it! I'm sure bad posture plays a massive part in my problem. :blush:

punkprincess19
02-03-11, 15:38
hiya hun!

I'm the same today, got awful chest pains! i know its really hard but you need to try and relax. You've been diagnosed with chondritis so it's just that causing the chest pain. I guess the best thing to do would be to take some tablets and have a nice relaxing soak in the bath and try your hardest not to worry about it. Think of it as just an inconvenience that is eventually going to go away. You know it's not heart related or a blood clot as you have had all the tests huni!

I hope it eases soon!

Jade xxx