PDA

View Full Version : Scared of being happy?!

jen2503
02-03-11, 14:19
I know it sounds stupid but i seem to have a little fear of being happy!!

I dont know if its because ive got used to being anxious but when i feel happy i suddenly feel scared! and planning to do good things makes me scared.

Like for example i am trying to get the house in order, clean and tidy but i have this feeling fo dread about it. like if im happy something bad will happen!

i dont understand it.

macc noodle
02-03-11, 14:24
It is not wrong to feel happy - it is marvellous to feel happy and it is great when you get everything ship shape!!!!

I bet you have done this before and then BANG you have a panic or anxiety attack - my lowest moments were when I had all things in order and no apparent reason to get anxious - just seems to be the way we are wired.

:D

When you have got your house clean and in order, would you like to come round and sort mine out for me :D

jen2503
02-03-11, 14:56
It is not wrong to feel happy - it is marvellous to feel happy and it is great when you get everything ship shape!!!!

I bet you have done this before and then BANG you have a panic or anxiety attack - my lowest moments were when I had all things in order and no apparent reason to get anxious - just seems to be the way we are wired.

:D

When you have got your house clean and in order, would you like to come round and sort mine out for me :D

Yeah why not lol :D

I know it sounds mad, i just dont understand it, i dream of a minimalistic (sp) house and that thought of a tidy not cluttered house makes me happy but then in an instance im hit with anxiety lol its a bit of a pain because its preventing me from doing it properly, i hate cleaning anyway but its easier of your not anxious while trying to do it!!

dont get me wrong, my house isnt a complete mess but i have clutter that needs getting rid of and sorted and its a big job and i get excited baout what it will look like and then anxious!

xx