PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy

JayDeee
02-03-11, 15:55
I'm just wondering if anyone has had hypnotherapy to help cure their anxiety? Or even heard of any success stories? If so, what happens in a typical session, how long did it take to work etc? I am trying to exhaust all possibilities before heading down the medication route. Many thanks in advance, JayDeee

lizzie29
04-03-11, 19:04
Hi

I had one session of hypnotherapy last year but have booked to go back in the next couple of weeks.

It's nothing like what you see on TV, which I know is what worries a lot of people. Basically, I had a chat about what my issues were, talked about my life, etc etc. Then the hypnotherapist said to close my eyes and just sit comfortably in a chair. She then did stuff like deep breathing, and sort of walked me mentally to my subconscious, where I had to visualise certain things.

It's just like daydreaming really. I could still hear traffic outside, was still awake, and it's not scary or anything.

JayDeee
12-03-11, 18:58
Thanks for the info, that's really helpful. I have worried in the past about 'not being in control' during a session or if they change something about me that I like! (sounds silly I know haha). If you don't mind me asking, did you find it helpful? Or is it maybe too early to tell? Thanks :)