PDA

View Full Version : new to forum and looking for fellow 'sufferers'

skiteacher
03-04-06, 22:17
Hi,
I've come rather late to this, I've been suffering from panic attacks and generalised anxiety for 10years up and down. It all reared up recently because I was (left on Friday:)) being harassed and generally not having a great time at all in my job (i'm a teacher) Over the last 2 years it feels like l've been reduced to nothing, through harassment my management, stress and then anxiety and then finally my physical health given up. However, I did come off antidepressants a month ago, becuase i felt that most of the reasons I was so low were not about panic attacks but a total lack of self esteem and my life had become so small. I didn't know what negative effects the drugs were having and they weren't solving the low level anxiety and depression about my crap life. I am sitll taking sleeping tablets mainly becuase I get so low in the evening I just want to hide away from myself. Coming off the anti depressants has been a postive step, no withdrawal or reuccurance of attacks.

SO since Friday my sole aim in life is to build a life. Not to hide away, to rebuild my self as a teacher and most importantly find friends a social life and activity. See if the person I can remember in my distance memories from about 5 years ago could be possible again. #

And I've just watched 'THe wedding date' with Debra Messing, a lovely film, but just made me upset that I don't have friends and guys around me.

Just putting this out to introduce myself, sorry if it doesn't make much sense!

Paddington
03-04-06, 22:48
hello there!I came here after suffering for 18 yearsso it's never too late !I can fully understand the longing for 'the old you'.Most of us here know that feeling.But you are now surrounded by friends on here!Well done on coming off your meds[take it steady tho]i am sure you will re-build your self esteem soon,baby steps aye?Welcome to the forum!Love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

arethaire
03-04-06, 22:51
Hi Skiteacher

So sorry to hear you are feeling so low at the moment. You're certainly not alone & I think you will find so much support on here.

I only found this site myself in January & I was amazed by how many people are in this same awful situation.

If you need someone to chat to do not hesitate to get in touch.
Good Luck ..... Cath x

Alexandra
04-04-06, 08:07
Hi Rachel

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

You are not alone in how you are feeling & the site is filled with lots of really great advice & we can also help to reassure you.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

lisarose
04-04-06, 08:25
Hi and welcome to the forum. Glad you found this site as you will get lots of help and support from people who know what your'e going through. Well done in coming off the meds and I am sure you will make some friends on this site. Being a teacher must be a very stressful job these days but I am sure you will get your life back with a bit of help and guidance from this site.
Take care
Love Lisax

trac67
04-04-06, 10:39
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

May Day
04-04-06, 13:13
Hi skiteacher

You're not alone now you've found this site ... there are many people here that arewilling to help and support ... we are all in the same boat ... i too feel i have 'lost myold self' so i undestand how you feel about that ... the people here understand what you are going though and willl try to help

take care
May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun

chucklehound
04-04-06, 14:24
Hi Skiteacher and welcome to NMP!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Southern_Belle
04-04-06, 15:43
Hello Skiteacher,

Welcome! You have come to the right place. You are not alone and will find help here. I have been here about a month and have found much support here. I hope you feel better soon.

Bel

skiteacher
04-04-06, 18:37
Thank you all so much, seeing all those replies was so good. Thank you