PDA

View Full Version : Really upser- Shocking news :(

Em.ma
02-03-11, 19:50
Hi,
I just found at that a girl at my college died of a heart attack last night. She had been bullied for years and years. I cant really put into words how im feeling right now. She was a lovely girl, even though i never spoke to her much. :weep: Now im scared that the stress bought on my anxiety and college will cause me the same thing.

uk23
02-03-11, 19:58
That's very sad to hear, R.I.P.

As far as I know you can't have a heart attack unless you already have a defect in the heart, maybe someone could confirm that?

And by defect I mean anything that damages the heart, from birth defect to clogging arteries etc.

diane07
02-03-11, 20:03
Anxiety and panic won't cause a heart attack, she would have had underlying issues.

So sorry to hear about this.

diane xx

Em.ma
02-03-11, 20:13
From the outside she looked like a normal healthy teenage girl. Normal weight, i used to see her eat healthily at school/college, she used to do a lot of sports etc. I would never have suspected she had anything wrong with her heart. Of course she would of had to have an underlying issue to die from something like this so young. I really feel for her family at the moment.

Em.ma
02-03-11, 20:26
Also fearing for my head at the moment (its hurting a lot at the back, get twinges of it every now and then) :(. Again my head just sometimes violently shakes when i least expect it for example if i have my head against the back of the sofa etc. Also when i put my hair up near my neck today i let go of the hairband to fast and that caused the back of the pony tail to kinda bounce back against my head (i know this wont cause any damage to my brain) eyes are also hurting at the moment (feel like i cant keep them open.). but after my concussion last may im so aware of every moment etc to to my head. When im walking around at school in corridors all im thinking off is making sure i dont hit my head and i dont relax until i know its safe. im the same in town, shops, supermarkets etc. Also when i go to bed at night my head doesnt feel safe against the pillow. feels all twitchy etc and like im hitting it.

bluetopazgirl
02-03-11, 20:31
Awww im sorry to hear this sad news :( its awful finding out things like that. i lost a friend in a car crash recently. just awful.

I may be wrong but the symptoms you are showing are classic symptoms of stress and worry. youve got alot going on and just had some sad news. Aswell as also the added worry of a previous concussion. have you been to your gp about your head just to put your mind at rest? i experienced a bad concussion when i was 16 and get headaches that feel the same as that sometimes and sometimes out of nowwhere i get shooting pain and tenderness at the site (im now 24) Big hugs to you sweet x

carlos2011
02-03-11, 20:55
very sorry to hear this :weep:

Unlikey that anxiety can't cause a heart attack, it can give you all the symptoms of course but we all know this :)

I know its hard, but try to relax. This is rich coming from me! lol. I'm going to watch a film shortly and try my very best to forget my dizzy spells..always best to try and take your mind of things.