PDA

View Full Version : What now?

scoobygirl2005
03-04-06, 22:25
Hi.

Haven't been on this site for a while, how you all doing? I went on some meds and stayed on them for a few months but they didn't help my ocd, they made it worse so I am coming off them now. I am wondering does anyone have any advice on how to cope with it if I can't go on the tablets? Because its hard to control!

Thanks,
Scooby2005.

kate
04-04-06, 22:58
Hi Scooby,

Nice to hear from you again.

Dunno if you remember, but my 14 year old daughter also has OCD. After being on the waiting list for well over 12 months, she is now seeing a psychologist. Has your doctor referred you for such treatment? No one has mentioned my daughter being put on medication which, to be honest, I am quite relieved about.

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Southern_Belle
05-04-06, 16:40
scooby,

I have mild ocd but it has been diagnosed. I am on paxil which i think you call paroxotine. It has definitely helped me. My problem is an obsession with cleaning and arranging things in order or maybe it is a compulsion don't know. But I wouldn't even let my children walk on carpets after vacumning at one point because they would leave footprints on floor. Sad but true! I still have everything in pantry alphabatized and in lines but things are better. I don't walk looking down to pick up every little bit of dust on floor. My days are no longer consumed by it. I don't know if you want to stay off meds, just worked for me. I'm also in counseling with a psychologist. Both help loads. I know the cleaning bit sounds random but as a stay at home mom it was just never clean enough and would consume all my time doing it over and over. I hope this helps.

Bel

joanne87
05-04-06, 16:46
Hi Scooby

Have you read any books on ocd or have you been on the ocduk website, i had mild ocd and found the website forum very helpful and i also have two books which were recomended by my counsler which are great for anyone suffering with ocd.