PDA

View Full Version : Reflux and palps making me scared I have other issues :(

Mark801
03-03-11, 01:19
Hey guys, hope you all are well.

Last night I had the weirdest feeling. I was laying in bed and had finished eating about 1 and half hours before. I was watching tv when all of a sudden I had this weird feeling like my heart was struggling to beat. I had no pain nor was I out of breath. It was kind of like a pounding/racing pulse for about 15-20 seconds. Then I could feel the reflux buring in my throat and chest.

Anyways I woke up this morning and felt as if my entire left chest was tight and tense(kind of like muscle tension). I ignored it all and carried on with my day and returned home.

Now I googled reflux and anxiety and stumbled upon a perso who has hypothyroid issues (she thought she was having anxiety) and reflux.

She was having the same panic symptoms as me(except the tension in my left chest). I heard that untreated hypo can cause heart issues which we all know is my major issue.:weep: I'm 5'7 and I weig between 128-132. My weight fluctuates between this. No matter what I eat I dont really gain weight but my previosu doc just told me that I have a fast metabolism and that I'm very active which makes someone maintain normal weight.

Now I'm scared that I have thyroid issues and might not even know. I was given loads of blood work last year(And I mean loads, I was discharged and they were still taking blood from me), especially for thyroid and it came back normal.

I have to see my gp tomorrow but I'm not scheduled for bloodwork for another 2 weeks. This is the new gp I have and I can't exaclty go to her and pour out my feelings to her cuz i don't now her well yet. That's another issue I have causing me anxiety right now.

I'm just terrified I might have Hypo Thyroid and it will damage my heart or something. :weep:

punkprincess19
03-03-11, 02:25
Hi Mark, if you've had your bloods done in the past for thyroid problems then it's probably not that. If you're so worried about it then you should tell your new doctor your concerns, that's what she's there for! I'm 5'8" and my weight fluctuates between 127 and 132 (it's been as low as 122 though thanks to my health anxiety), I too just have a fast metabolism! I'm having a lot of trouble with my chest at the moment and it's really worrying me (chest pain, trouble breathing, feels like my neck is being pulled down to chest) so I know what you're going through and I feel it would be best if you told your new doctor about it all! It'll put your mind at ease!

Take care!

Jade x

Mark801
03-03-11, 04:27
Thanks for your reply. I will when I see her tomorrow. I'm thinking of going back on meds again for a while. Although exercise has helped, it's not enough. Back when this all started I had both to help me and eventually came off of the meds.

But with so much going on in my life, I feel like my anxiety has returned with a vengence, and its reaking havoc on my reflux as well which doesnt help my anxiety cuz it causes chest pains, palps, and shortness of breath for me.