PDA

View Full Version : Go wont change my med.

sandy40
03-03-11, 07:30
Hi Im currently on Mirtazapine 30mg and i hate it,been on it since January and i want back on my old med...my gp refuses as my psychiatrist has ORDERED me to stay on them:weep: until i see her on the 23rd of this month...im crying as its my body and ive gave them a chance..yet he is doing as she says!.....i wake up feeling sick and they have only if anything made my anxiety worse..does anyone else feel sick on Mirt? thanks x

blueangel
03-03-11, 09:13
Best thing I can suggest here is to stick them out until the 23rd, as it's only a couple of weeks. Have you tried eaating when you take your medication? I'm on citalopram and if I take them on an empty stomach, they can make me feel nauseous. I can only thing that the psychiatrist wants you to stay on them a couple of months to see if they have an effect, as some medication can take a while to kick in - I know it probably took 6 weeks for me to start feeling better this time I went on citalopram. Alternatively, can your GP give you something to help with the nausea in the meantime? At least that would get you through to the 23rd, and then you can explain the problems you've been having to the psychiatrist.

Hope this helps.