PDA

View Full Version : Really worried - numbness

tashbarnes87
03-03-11, 11:16
HI all, my anxiety has been fab lately feeling good, although i have set backs generally im good.

I always wake up with numb hands & occasionally toes which i put down to a bad back. This morning however i woke up with 2 numb arms & a numb pelvis :( i googled & of course it said MS :lac::(

im now really worried the numbness went as i got up & moved around is that a good thing? x

rebeccad
03-03-11, 11:41
hiya matie i not been on here for ages and wierdly when i do yours is the first thread lol, has it been around 2 years since you started worrying about ms? honestly if you had it by now youd know lol, the numbness would have been caused by the way you were lying, because when you move around and circulation gets going it stops, it is nothing nasty honestly. You said your anxiety has been pretty good lately did you notice hardly any 'ms' symptoms because that just proves that it is your anxiety and from my experience i think anxiety is for life it just patchy and comes and goes. Hope your feeling better soon perhaps some undisturbed sleep is what you need lol xxxxx

nomorepanic
03-03-11, 12:27
If I was you I would you I would get a referral from the doc to a physiotherapist.

I have the numbness every day and it turned out to be my back. Mine is fine in the day it is only at night that I get the numbness

They have also told me that my posture is not good so I am working on that

Pudding
03-03-11, 15:22
Me too, I wake up like this most mornings, both arms are numb and sometimes leg too. I put it all down to my back as well as I do have issues with it. Try not to worry, if it goes when you get up it's nothing too serious.

Fran

Mogwog
03-03-11, 16:50
Hi Tash

I get this most mornings too, oddly though I never worry about it - even though I worry about everything else!!:ohmy: I have a bit of a dodgy back and have always put it down to this. I did see a chiroprator about 2 years ago for a bit and this helped.

You don't have MS

Laura.xxx