PDA

View Full Version : Deleting/Removing your NMP Account, something to consider before you request it!

Rous
03-03-11, 13:21
Hello Member,

if you're having thoughts of 'Deleting/Removing' your NMP account, I ask you to consider something before you finally decide to request the 'Deletion/Removal' by an Admin.

I myself have been through the exact same thing you are going through at this very time, I may have had different reasons than yourself leading up to it but in common we both think/thought of leaving NMP completely.

Through my personal experience I ask you to reconsider 'Deleting/Removing' your NMP Account, I ask this because I realised that even though at that time I wanted to leave NMP outright I also knew that I may need to come back one day.

And in my case that proved very true, I did come back, and I'm very glad I did, I was away about a year (I needed time away from everyone/everything).

I'm glad I didn't 'Delete/Remove' my account, it made it so much easier to come back, people knew who I was and welcomed me back openly.

You may find yourself some time down this road of life needing the support/comfort that NMP brings and thus having your account left open would be a good thing to make your return more easy, people will recognise you much easier if you use the same account you have now rather than a new account & name they may not recognise you from.

So I ask you to consider not to 'Delete/Remove' your NMP Account but to leave it open in case you return, nothing will happen to your account while you are away, it will still be there as it is/was and upon your return you will find all your posts/contacts etc still there and connected with yourself.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking time away from NMP, look at me I was away about a year & returned, you may also find yourself doing the same in the future.

You really don't need to 'Delete/Remove' your account, NMP will be here for you in the future should you ever need/wish to return and you will always be welcomed back by the friends you have made here.

It's something I'm very glad I considered back then when I was seriously thinking of leaving NMP & 'Deleting/Removing' my own account.

The final choice is yours off course, think on what I ask first though, you just never know.

Take care & be safe. :shades:

nomorepanic
04-03-11, 23:52
I would also like to add that you DO NOT need to create a new account just because you forget your login details and/or password.

Just contact us and we can sort it all out.

We spend hours sorting duplicate logins/mutliple accounts and forgotten login details and passwords.

There is no need to keep creating new accounts on here

Can I add to what Rousel said and please ask that members think for a few days before asking to be removed.

No end of people ask to be removed so we give them the usual 24 hours then remove them and then they contact us and ask to come back.

This is extra work for the admins to do so do not leave then come back a day later. If you want to leave then just go and come back if you want to. We don't need a post on here to announce it - just PM me or any of the admins.

We don't usually delete accounts so you are free to come back when you feel you are ready to.

Thanks

Rous
12-08-11, 23:29
*Bump*

My first ever 'bump' of a thread, I'm doing it so folk thinking of leaving can see what I suggest above.

Take care & be safe all.

london
13-08-11, 00:40
wise words Beyond Saving
god bless

Em.ma
25-08-11, 19:47
Thank you for this post- i am going through this at the moment and it helped

Rous
26-08-11, 15:22
Thank you Col. :shades:

Glad it helped Emma. :biggrin: