PDA

View Full Version : Amazing site

ilndgy
04-04-06, 10:30
I have been suffering from panic attacks for over 9 years. At the time of my first panick attack I was a boxer and looked to have a promising career ahead of me. After my first attack everytime I would start training I would get really scared because my heart would start beating fast. I quit boxing and training and have since gained about 60 pounds because im afraid to exercise and speed up my heart rate. I have had all the test done and I cleared everything perfectly. Just in the mind. I have never addressed my panick attacks until checking out this site. Although it is sad I feel so much better knowing other people have the exact same stuff going on with them. I have read some stories here and several of them have happened to me word for word. Thanks for all the stories and support. Stay posotive

BambieEyes
04-04-06, 13:02
hi ilndgy.. Apparently exercise is good for anxiety but i know what you mean about not wanting to make your heart rate fast. I started running/jogging in my local park, not fast just a steady pace,if i feel my heart racing unbearably i stop and walk for a few mins to recover then start again.Ive not had a panic whilst doing this so far.
Im also joining the gym on advice from my doctor because of anxiety and panics.According to them it will help me and get me fitter, but im going to take it at MY pace.
Take Care
x

Fight or Flight? im going to Fight it every step of the way!

Keitharcher
04-04-06, 19:27
Hi

As catherine said exercise is good for curing anxiety, perhaps you could start of slowly, a little hard walking and as soon as you see the bebifits of this type of exercise and realise your heart is not going to burst out of your chest like the Alien then maybe you will get more ambitious. You never know you may even end getting back in the ring again, good luck

Keith

henri
04-04-06, 21:22
hi there,
this exact thing happened to me (being afraid to exercise, that is, not quitting a career in boxing). even though i knew exercise was the best thing, i couldn't do it because the racing heart thing freaked me out.
but about a month ago i took up yoga and it is absolutely brilliant. it is exhausting but it doesn't make your heart race. also, i have a teacher who focuses more on the physical side and less on the spiritual.
i can't imagine a former boxer would be too keen on sitting in a room full of cross-legged ladies going 'ommm', but i just thought i would share my experience with you, as the whole yoga thing has really worked for me.
take care
henri