PDA

View Full Version : Please help, having panic attack..

misskitty
04-03-11, 10:56
This is weird and I need soem advice please.. First a quick explanation. I have suffered from anxiety for years with panic attacks. I have always found great security in my home, my family and routine.

At the end of last year my bf told me if i didnt move to where he lives (20 miles away) then we wouldnt last. So I moved.

I was there for one month, felt the whole time like i was terrified but somehow holding it together. Then my world fell apart.. one day I just had the most awful panic attack over there so frightened and disoreantated.. felt like i didnt know who anyone was etc. He told me to pack my stuff and before i knew it i was back in my flat.

He left me there and went home. I spent the first three days in four walls with nothing as all my stuff was back at the house. It was as though someone pulled me out of my new life and put me back in the old one.

I tried to go out and felt confused like i was disoreantated again.. I spent the last month agonizing over whether i should go back to the house and its nearly driven me crazy wioth anxiety. I ended up making the decision to stay put in my flat as I think it would be too much stress to move and go through it all again.

My bf is weird with me now, I think he may end things to be honest. But here is the real problem now.. I feel like i get flashbacks. I can be sitting in my living room but its as if my eyes are seeing the house, like i cant quit ework out where i am and which life i am living. It seems surreal that i was even over there for a month, yet the memories wont go away. I feel dissatached from everything when i feel panicky and thats quite frequent.

EDIT: Just read up a bit on shock and wondered if it could also be a mild case of that as it really was so sudden. I mean i got up that morning an dwent out to by the coffee etc, put money on the gas.. had a panic attack and the next thing i klnow i'm 20 miles away back in my flat.. all the food i bought was still in teh house in the cupboards.. my washing was hanging up.. it all sounds weird but it is scary./

Is it possible to have some mild form of ptsd? I feel so scared and just need some reassurance that it s all just because of too much stress. thankyou in advance and sorry for anyone who already read my precvious posts.