PDA

View Full Version : Doing well - update

Ambers
04-03-11, 16:24
Hi - not sure if anyone remembers me posting at all but thought I would give a little update.

I am doing really well and getting out and about - getting on trains, going shopping all the normal things that most people don't bat an eyelid to. There are some things I haven't done yet but I will not let me panic beat me..I will be getting back on an aeroplane this year. The only thing I cannot bring myself to do it getting back on the motorway as a driver (passenger ok). This is purey because I still have underlinning panic and anxiety and I usually have to walk through it (as such)... and after puttnig myself and my passenger in danger once - I feel that it is not a something I need to do again (but you never know:)

Everyday I have to take into account how I am feeling and how far I can push myself - but I refuse to give way to this mental disease.. and sometimes I really do have to keep going forward although my whole being wants me to ran and hide in a safe place. Generally I am living a normal life again and there are some weeks were I dont give it a second thought. This week has not been good - but hey I am off for a walk in the sun soon and my panic can just accompany me :D

So if you are battling your panic..stop, go with it ... you will never know where it may lead you.

Need2Live
04-03-11, 20:36
I love reading positive posts. I am so new to anxiety and even more new to panic. It gives me hope that I can live a happy life whether I do suffer with anxiety or not.

Meltdown
04-03-11, 21:44
Always good to read success stories! You should be proud of how far you have come! It just goes to show that this thing we call panic can be beaten!

I too have come an aweful long way! There are still one or two things I dread doing (flying and being a passenger in someone elses car for a long work related journey are two), but last weekend, I played a rock gig in quite a large venue, and did all the vocals and lead guitar work!