PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline .... What is happening!

wendy
04-04-06, 11:57
Hi All

As I contstantly wittter on about I am scared that I am dying and to "Help" the Doctor has give me Sertraline 50mg, to start off have had 25mg per day, Yesteraday was day 2, woke up 3am this morning and never felt so bad, thought my anxiety was bad but was getting strange thoughts, pins and needles, swallowing mega fast not wanting anyone near me, feel the floor is moving under my feet, people look strange (she says!!!), real confused daft thoughts that whiz round my head, is this the tablets? Dont know what is happening to me, I was bad before but this is just awful

Any advice would be much appreciated

Wendy xx

stepuluk
04-04-06, 12:25
I was prescribed these tablets and I took 1 tablet and 3 hours later I was a mess, pins and needles and a tingling all over and I retched alot in the toilet, nothing came up but I thought I was about to die, I stopped taking them and I told the doctor and he told me they take about 2 weeks to a month to get in your system, I said to him I could barley last 2 hours with it let alone the possiblty of a month, so i asked from somethings else to try and he gave me Dosuplin 50mg and they worked for me after about 2 weeks but the side effects are no where near as horrile as the Sertraline one. At most I get shakes and a bit drowsy but nothing that brings on more panic attacks. I hope it gets better for you

chop
04-04-06, 13:43
Maybe try something else but start meds off really really really slowly (talk to dr first) but it eliminates many side effects. Go slowly.

Chop

Learning to under react

spiritualsoul22
22-11-09, 22:52
i developed similar side effects on first taking them but i am settling into them, i am suffering with these feeling of pressure in my head but i suspect that is a side effect that will fade, good luck xx

nervy-paul
23-11-09, 13:12
I had similar side-effects when I began sertraline, which were worsened/hightened by too high a dose. My advice to anyone on these is to start on a low a dose as possible, building up slowly until they help - that's what I did and they seem to do the job. Best of luck.

munkeyinblack
24-11-09, 12:25
I was lucky enough to have any effects at all and now im on 200mg a day! I cant say how long they should take to work or when the effects will go but if you feel as bad as that speak to your doctor. theres many alternatives
Munkey x

Panic33
25-11-09, 22:29
I felt awful when I first started taking them, my anxiety went through the roof and I was waking in the night having panic attacks, it took nearly 6weeks for the side effects to go with me (I got both mental and physical), but I stuck with it and now feel 99% back myself.

nannawood1
25-11-09, 23:42
hi my result with sertraline was a bad one, not to scare anyone but my doc ordered me off them wen i started with bad side effects, but im only one person, wot doesnt work for me, may be the best thing for someone else, keep ur chin up, and push forward, if ur no better in a week or two then go and see ur doctor, seems like a lifetime wen ur unwell does 2 weeks, but u will get through it, hope this helps anyone