PDA

View Full Version : screaming

sassy
04-04-06, 12:55
hi, this sounds kind of weird, but one of my fears when i feel panicky is the overwhelming desire to scream. obviously i havnt done it yet and i probably wont lol (god i hope not anyhow) but when im stressed and over tired its like a silent scream in my head. i have visions of my self losing control and sitting on the floor screaming hystericaly. like i said..im pretty sure i wont do it but i was curious to know if anyone else has had these thoughts?

BambieEyes
04-04-06, 12:58
I think thats a normal symptom of panic and anxiety.. when i am rough i had thoughts of running out in the street screaming, like you ive not actually done it,but its a fear i have of one day happening.
Im sure it wont though.I normally use distraction to calm me down, or ring someone to fill my mind and thoughts with something else.
xx

Fight or Flight? im going to Fight it every step of the way!

stepuluk
04-04-06, 13:02
Hi Sassy

I know what you mean when I have one, I feel like I want to cry my eyes out but instead I get lots of pressure on my face like something inside is trying to get out, and I can feel myself wants to shout and scream at the lack of control of my own body, I find though once I talk myself through whats going on to me out loud *might seem daft to an unsupportive partner* I find it starst to go away and I feel a bit normal again. Sometimes it works other times then inner beast wins and I have to run away to the bath room for some cold water on the face to shock myself. I hope you find some help on this site I have.

Steve :D

andrew england 2
04-04-06, 13:06
I wish I could scream and scream and scream and let it all out, like letting a demon gush out from the very depths of my stomach and when its gone to sit and cry with relief that it is all over and it has left me for ever.

sassy
04-04-06, 13:10
thanks catherine, i can distract them pretty easily but today ive woken up with that jumpy feeling in my stomach and feel tired and edgy. then suddenly out of the blew the screaming pops into my head. ive never told everyone all of the things i feel and think when i panic..i spent 13 years thinking it was just me. this site is a true gods send. i have read so many of peoples experiences and thoughts and have found people with the same as me and many who suffer so much worse.
i think today im over tired.
and thanks steve..my family are used to me running out of shops and over dosing on bottles of lucozade and mints lol...my ex could never understand it tho and used to get impatient with me.

sassy
04-04-06, 13:12
exactly andrew!

carldourish
04-04-06, 13:14
Hello Sassy, I've PM'ed you some advice.

Take care

Carl

panicdiva
05-04-06, 18:14
Sassa,

That's exactly how I feel when trapped, like on a motorway, or train, etc. feel like I am going to jump out of the car, start running down the motorway screaming, & screaming & screaming - I really fear this feeling. So, you are not alone in that.

sassy
05-04-06, 21:31
thanks diva, i feel like that everywhere i go lately. just got new cream carpet (wi 4 kids..interesting) and the latest impulsion is to throw a cup of tea over it lol..nuts or what!

panicdiva
05-04-06, 21:49
At least it's the carpet you want to throw the tea on & not the kids!!!!!! Just make sure you are drinking really milky tea so if you decide to actually throw it - the tea will be diluted!!! At least then if you did throw the tea - you would have a reason to scream!!!! So.....go for it!!! lol

BambieEyes
06-04-06, 10:25
Lol i often have the urge to throw something or just scream.. quite funny when you think about it! can you imagine peoples faces in town if i suddenly run out of a shop screaming! LOL..however the feeling is very real and very hard to control.Its overwhelming...ps i think im going to drink squash from now on incase!

mirry
06-04-06, 13:09
I once told a friend i felt like screaming , it was funny cos she arranged for us to go for a walk together down to the seafront and once there she started screaming like a mad woman and asked me to join her which i did lol, it was fantastic we screamed for about 15 mins and WOW it felt good and i no longer felt the temptation.

mirryx

sassy
06-04-06, 22:22
lol catherine! yes its hystericaly funny when you think about it lol but at the time is terrible! you actually think your going to snap one day and do it, tho i know i wont. its the 'what if i do' fear factor.
and mirry..thats actually a great idea! maybe one day i'll get the guts and go up the south downs and scream like crazy lol..its been a terrible 2 years and i really feel alot of pent up tension.
nice to know im not crazy tho (yet).

BambieEyes
07-04-06, 20:36
Mirry thats brill you both did that! I live not to far from some mountains and i think im going to go up there and scream!! I bet it it feels awesome! ... maybe tomorrow after the day ive had today i need a release!! ROARRRRRRRRRR