PDA

View Full Version : Changed my meds and feeling crappy

seagull66
05-03-11, 11:00
Hello everyone.
I'm Jon. I want to share what I'm going through and hope for some feedback from anyone with similar experiences.
I'm early 40's. In my 20's I started suffering from what I later realised was social phobia. Couldn't eat in public, terrified of public speaking, etc. I was prescribed Seroxat about 10 years ago. For me, it has been a wonder drug, and has enabled me to live a good life, doing things I never thought I'd be able to do (I work in Sales - lots of presentations - and play in a band).
The only downside has been the effect it's had on my libido :blush: which has caused a few tensions between myself and my better half.
Some online research, led me to suggest to my doctor that I tried switching to one of the 'new breeds' of anti-d's, mirtazapine.
Two and half weeks ago I just switched (i.e. stopped taking S altogether, and started on the M). I can report that M is much better for the libido, but this morning I have started back on the S, because I feel depressed, anxious, weepy, overwhelmed and unable to cope with life. I kind of know that seroxat leaves me living in a kind of 'bubble' where nothing seems to important, but right now I want nothing more than my bubble back !!
Has anyone else tried the switch from Seroxat to Mirtazapine?? Would welcome any feedback.
Jon x

nomorepanic
05-03-11, 11:02
Hi seagull66

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
05-03-11, 11:15
Hi Jon :welcome:. Based on how I felt when I stopped another antidepressant what you are experiencing sounds like discontinuation/withdrawal symptoms.

If you're happy back on seroxat, I'm sure you will quickly find you are ok again. If you still want to come off it you should probably do it slowly, gradually dropping your dose of a period of time xx